Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, since I was to start on my pre-op diet today (and did), I figured that I'd use last weekend to indulge a little bit. I had dinner at Texas de Brazil, and it was fantastic. Additionally, I had some ice cream.

I'm wondering if anyone else had something like this, to kinda get it out of your system before putting yourself on the final path to your operation.

No. my surgeon warned me about having a blowout before the surgery, so I didn't do it. I transitioned for a month before the pre-op diet to eating like I'd be eating post-op to prepare myself. I wanted those memories of chocolates and pizzas long out of my system.

Oddly, my surgeon didn't warn against it. My mother who had the surgery six years ago suggested it, and I went to a restaurant that kinda was like the post-op diet, albeit with a bit higher portions. Yeah, the ice cream's a no-no post surgery, but good, lean protein... not so much.

A lot of people try this. If you run a search on the site you will find endless threads created about it. I did not attempt this. I also transitioned for a while to heathier versions of foods to prep for surgery.

Congrats you're in the home stretch now 🎇

32 minutes ago, Ellf said:

So, since I was to start on my pre-op diet today (and did), I figured that I'd use last weekend to indulge a little bit. I had dinner at Texas de Brazil, and it was fantastic. Additionally, I had some ice cream.

I'm wondering if anyone else had something like this, to kinda get it out of your system before putting yourself on the final path to your operation.

Congrats on your surgery date.

Some of us have food funerals some of us don’t. We are all adults and make our own food choices. You get to decide when you are going to change your relationship with food. Your decisions will affect your WLS outcome from here on out.

2 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Some of us have food funerals some of us don’t. We are all adults and make our own food choices. You get to decide when you are going to change your relationship with food. Your decisions will affect your WLS outcome from here on out.

I agree with this. I had food funerals for the three weeks between my approval and surgery date. It didn't hinder my success post WLS, but there are other who did not have food funerals, who have been equally successful.

You're approaching this journey the way a lot of people do and there's no right or wrong way to kick off your pre-op diet. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and keep moving forward. Starting today, your life will change for the better and you will remain motivated and on track. We will be here to cheer you on and share our experiences to help you along the way. Good luck!

I had a food funeral to end all food funerals, a week of over indulgence. So much so I gained 5 pounds. I only had a two day pre-op diet, so it was not enough time to lose what I gained. Luckily it did not end up complicating a thing and I went on to lose 114 pounds in 10 months.

Yeah, I gained about 10 lbs over the past week. Guaranteed most of it is Water retention. I expect it to drop off quickly with the Optifast.

I have been eating all my wants and I plan to have a good bye to real food before I am on the liquid diet! I plan to eat a steak and dessert💙 But I have been cutting back but eating everything I think I’ll miss😁

I had a couple slices of pizza before starting my liquid diet. It worked out fine for me