Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SCARS from Incisions

I was sleeved 1/15/19 and after I was cleared I first used the ScarAway Strips, then ScarAway gel and now Mederma, but my scars dont seen to be getting any lighter. Has these products worked for anyone? Has anyone found something else that works better?

I used Mederma on a scar once and gave up because it took so long, but honestly, I'm not sure if any product is going to give quick results in reducing the appearance of scars. All of mine are fairly unnoticeable, but I've considered getting Bio-Oil to moisturize them because I've heard it's good for moisture and scars.

It's been less than a month for you, I think you need to give it some more time. Mine are starting to lighten now at just under 9 weeks post-op and I'm using something called Bio-Oil.

It's been less than a month for you, I think you need to give it some more time. Mine are starting to lighten now at just under 9 weeks post-op and I'm using something called Bio-Oil.
Thank you. I was looking at Bio-oil in the store ystrdy. Prior to surgery, i went to the dermatologist for something else and asked her about a burn scar i had for a while and she said its best to start early when treating any scars for the best results. So, for these new sleeve scars I want to be on them right away. But you're right..i have to give it time. [emoji4]

I may get some of the Bio Oil myself. Most of mine without anything dont really look bad. The one where the stomach was removed is the one that looks like it needs some help. I look like i have a penny in the middle of my stomach LOL

I may get some of the Bio Oil myself. Most of mine without anything dont really look bad. The one where the stomach was removed is the one that looks like it needs some help. I look like i have a penny in the middle of my stomach LOL
Right, same here.

I didn't use the Mederma or any scar strips, I used BioOil and my scars are very light to the point I have to search to find them.

One thing though...I tend to heal very slowly. My steri strips didn't fall off for over a month! As soon as they did, I started with BioOil. As it was, my scars were various stages of pink (healthy pink) for probably almost 3 months. Maybe you're just a slow healer?

I use Vitamin e oil or bio oil as well. takes a bit but they are fading.

What about lasers?? I would think that someone has laser treatment available like a med spa or a PS reduce them but I know nothing about it. Has anyone collected any information on laser removal?

I have an 8 inch scar from an op 10 years ago. I used Bio Oil and the scar got a bit lighter, but it's still clearly visible. But frankly, who's to say that wouldn't have happened naturally any way?

I've had 5 abdominal ops in total...I tend to think that all the scars tell an interesting story. And I could always join them up and make a copy of the Mona Lisa...;-)