Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sweet Tooth - Post Bypass

I know I am not the only one with a sweet tooth out there. What are you guys doing to curve or satisfy your sweet cravings post bypass without destroying your diet. I do have trouble with dumping and have had several episodes, if I tried to push the sweets limit. I do eat fruits and that helps sometimes, but sometimes I have an uncontrollable urge for CHOCOLATE!

I have also found Fiber one bars that are oats and chocolate 140 calories. That's not too bad right? But I sure you guys have discovered so other things I haven't thought of so lets hear it?

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm a hot cocoa type myself, made with stevia.

I though i may try that also. How do you make yours? I was thinking Almond milk, with cocoa powder and splenda or stevia.

Just now, shoregirl75 said:

I though i may try that also. How do you make yours? I was thinking Almond milk, with cocoa powder and splenda or stevia.

I use the Fairlife milk to get the Protein. I dissolve the cocoa in a little boiling Water first since it's so hard to get totally dissolved, then I add the milk and stevia and heat it through.

7 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I use the Fairlife milk to get the Protein. I dissolve the cocoa in a little boiling Water first since it's so hard to get totally dissolved, then I add the milk and stevia and heat it through.

7 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Sound good! Thanks I'll give it a try.

*Bursts In*

Am I late? No? Good. I was a fiend for sugar prior to surgery. I was lying to myself. I just chose top shelf.

A rose by any other name, right?

I used Agave nectar, raw & manuka honey, organic cane crystals, maple Syrup, etc. You name it, anything besides sugar. But I had to detox hardcore and use alternatives exclusively for a while.

Post op I use stevia, Monkfruit, eyrthritol (sp?), *occasionally sucralose* (protein shakes) etc.

My chocolate has to be 90% cacao or higher or I just won't buy it. I'm inflexible about that.

I count 4 times that I have indulged in bites of gifted junk chocolate, because why make people feel like crap about a gift and live a life of balance you know.

My candy bars are Protein types (Kind, NuGo slim, etc) or a Walmart brand that have max of 6-7g of added sugar.

And funny I don't even eat that much fruit these days...

Safe Journey 🎈

Edited by GreenTealael

Oh goodness the chocolate withdrawal was a battle. I haven't had real chocolate since before my surgery and I could eat 1± family size Galaxy bars in one sitting (hello about 3000 calories).
I found some Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup so when I'm desperate for the taste I make a Mocha with that (coffee and put two capfuls of SF syrup in). It's my naughty goto treat because the way I make it, it's only 45 calories which is mostly the LF milk.
But, you gotta be strong and give up the real chocolate. It's an addiction all right (for me anyway).

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Nestles Carnation Breakfast drink with no sugar added might be helpful also.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

I also like hot teas. Right now for the holidays, you can get these flavors from Bigelow: Peppermint Bark, Egg Noggin', Salted Caramel, etc plus there are several makers of Chai teas. After the tea steeps, I add a little milk and stevia and they are delish, very "desertish"!

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I also like hot teas. Right now for the holidays, you can get these flavors from Bigelow: Peppermint Bark, Egg Noggin', Salted Caramel, etc plus there are several makers of Chai teas. After the tea steeps, I add a little milk and stevia and they are delish, very "desertish"!

Yes!

We don't have those delicious sounding teas in Ireland. I wonder if you put sugar free syrups in regular tea with milk would it taste similar? Or no?

5 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

We don't have those delicious sounding teas in Ireland. I wonder if you put sugar free syrups in regular tea with milk would it taste similar? Or no?

They should, as they are just basic black, herbal, green or red teas with additional natural and artificial flavors.

4 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

I would think so.

This is something I could experiment with, coz I have a bunch of SF syrups. Never thought to put them in tea! I'll let you know how it goes.