Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello just wondering what’s everyone carb intake. I’m 4 months out down 52lbs I eat carbs but in low moderation. My nut says carbs are energy and we need them, doctor says little to no carbs. I don’t know who to listen to

Yes carbs are energy. No one here is on a 100% no carb diet.

Many of us have a low carb plan. If you eat over your carb goal for the day it may slow or stop your weight loss. Best to listen to your professional medical advice. Call them and get clarification. You are paying for them. Get your money's worth💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲.😉

1. Ask your Dr. Dietician give you a carbohydrate intake range.
  2. Find out what carb food sources are on your plan ( Not all carbs are created equal)

Wishing you the best,

Jenn.

Side note: You are going to get many responses of "what you should eat" from strangers in a chat room. Most mean well, but they do not have your medical history etc that your surgeons office has.

Edited by skinnylife

I have my max at 50 carbs a day. I try not to go over 40. I'm very sensitive to carbs. Above 50 my weight loss slows dramatically

My surgeon said less than 100 grams daily, but that less than 50 grams was best if I was able to cut them that far.

I average between 30 - 65 or so.

Less than 100 is very doable with no bread, Pasta, rice, candy, etc. 😂

My Nutritionist said the other day, that my diet should be cut in 3's caloric wise. My 60-80 gram of Protein, will be half my calories ( I have the numbers at work she called during the day and i left them there as i am still on liquids) and the other half is Carbs/Fat. I do know the carb calories 240 turned into 60 carbs a day, and i dont remember the fat as my conversation with her was the Carbs, but she did say each gram of fat was 9 calories.

Anyways, I am going to check with my dr. on my post op appt on Tuesday, I thought 60 was super high! Maybe it is me, but when i did the Atkins diet it was no more than 20 carbs a day... I dont know but that is the one thing i will make sure i check with my Dr. on when i go for my post op, stitches removal.

19 hours ago, Jazzy1125 said:

My Nutritionist said the other day, that my diet should be cut in 3's caloric wise. My 60-80 gram of Protein, will be half my calories ( I have the numbers at work she called during the day and i left them there as i am still on liquids) and the other half is Carbs/Fat. I do know the carb calories 240 turned into 60 carbs a day, and i dont remember the fat as my conversation with her was the Carbs, but she did say each gram of fat was 9 calories.

Anyways, I am going to check with my dr. on my post op appt on Tuesday, I thought 60 was super high! Maybe it is me, but when i did the Atkins diet it was no more than 20 carbs a day... I dont know but that is the one thing i will make sure i check with my Dr. on when i go for my post op, stitches removal.

My NUT said this is an argument that them and doctors will never agree on. I’ve suffer the effects of little to no carbs per my doctor and almost passed tf out. Never again. I don’t count my calories or carbs but I definitely limit them and ready labels before I eat anything. And I’m already 4 months out halfway to my goal so idk. I’m always curious to see what others do

22 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

My surgeon said less than 100 grams daily, but that less than 50 grams was best if I was able to cut them that far.

I average between 30 - 65 or so.

Less than 100 is very doable with no bread, Pasta, rice, candy, etc. 😂

😂😂😂 I like your mind set lol. It’s easier to fall within a range than to be on a set limit

I’m 3.5 months post op and am sticking to a 40 - 65 carbs per day. But this is mostly complex carbs in my healthy food. I eat whole grains but no bread/pasta/rice etc. but it’s also not an exact science. Everyone’s body reacts differently, as well as we all have different providers. But it is fun to know what everyone else does ;)