Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling low energy 1.5 weeks post op

I am having a great recovery so far. I am still on full liquid diet phase for another week. Looking forward to next phase. So I am taking in around 500-600 calories a day. But some days I feel tired and bleh. I want my energy levels to increase. Anyone did anything at this phase for energy levels?

You really just have to wait it out. Your body is resisting your efforts to burn fat UGH! So, it wants to slow down your metabolism to fight back. Are you cold right now, too? I could literally feel my internal thermostat shut down for a while. But once your body converts over to fat-burning, your energy will pick up again. And congrats on your progress so far. It looks like you're doing well.

Yes always cold. I always wear big fuzzy warm socks around the house and sleep with two blankets and keep my thermostat at around 74 because my oldest son will protest if I go higher.

Oh, and welcome from another Texan! What part of the state?

Spring, TX; a little north of Houston area

2 minutes ago, angeldecoded said:

Spring, TX; a little north of Houston area

I'm just south of Fort Worth.

cool, and thanks for the welcome

5 minutes ago, angeldecoded said:

cool, and thanks for the welcome

There are a lot of Texans here. Make sure you check out support groups in your area. I find them to be extremely helpful. In my area, it doesn't matter where you have your surgery, you can go to any support group in the area.

And Truth Known each and everyone will give you a big Old Texas Howdy and Welcome! Shoot I am clear up in Ohio and I can feel it up here! I ever go to Texas , I will get off the plane, stretch out my arms and enjoy the ambiance. Of couse someone might steal my possessions while I am standing enraptued, but you get that anywhere!