Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who watches it? I know I do or did. I always wonder how all these people get all those tattoos (I am NOT judging, I have them but they are barely mobile) and does anyone notice they always have tiny dogs?

LOL I’ve religiously watched every episode, every season, probably 2-3x 😂 That Asanti family is the biggest train wreck I’ve ever seen. My favorite though...when Dr. Now hauls off on one lady that’s constantly blaming her weight gain on Water weight. He goes “You’re not 700lbs of water!!!” I nearly died LOLOL

Edited by Kimmie K

I’ve been watching the show for a long time as well and I really didn’t always believe everything was real, but after joining this app/forum I have read so many of the same traits...the struggle is just real...my heart goes out to most of them, some on the show are just stubborn, set in their ways and don’t want help.

Now the Asanti family wow...serious issues beyond. Smh

I love Dr. Naw 👏🏽 tough love

Btw: it was funny because when I went to my first Bariatric appt with my team and they had the same scale with the handles, it reminded me of Dr. Naws office lol

Come to think of it so does my bariatric clinic, intimidated me at first, you see I spent years being weighed and found wanting, yeah it sounds biblical but I don't mean it,exactly like that.
You I ow I would try and try, make my paltry losses and there would be an undertone I hated " You know you could do better. You just don't try hard enough!" And,i was always trying level best hard as I can.! And like the Biblical King, I was not good enough for what God planned.
Now post surgery it is :-,finally,my fist bump time, and that is pleasing.. Some thing,i do fear, and maybe I should not verbalize it,but I shall. I understand the rational of an anorexic, the sense of power as pounds melt,away rapidly, it is finally like you Can Have Finally Control, it is a thin thin line between health and sick applications here and I feel teetering,on the knife edge.
You know I did watch this show a lot of furst, same sick fascination many,people have at an traffic accident, just cannot help watching, even though the. pain , wounds are so evident. Now, Tomkitten still likes watching, I will not turn to TLC willingly. It just doesn't feel,right to me anymore.

I watched a ton of the episodes during my two weeks off while recovering from surgery! What annoys me the most is that like 80% of the husbands are total trash. If you really cared about your partner, you would support their weight loss/journey to become healthier and not b**ch and whine about how you like "bigger women" or you "don't want to also have to change your diet"... blah blah blah. Trash.

Also annoyed that Hulu doesn't have the Asanti family episode! I've heard its a must see!

35 minutes ago, Oct517 said:

I watched a ton of the episodes during my two weeks off while recovering from surgery! What annoys me the most is that like 80% of the husbands are total trash. If you really cared about your partner, you would support their weight loss/journey to become healthier and not b**ch and whine about how you like "bigger women" or you "don't want to also have to change your diet"... blah blah blah. Trash.

Also annoyed that Hulu doesn't have the Asanti family episode! I've heard its a must see!

If you get the TLCgo app either on your phone or on your TV they have ALL they seasons/episodes including all the Assanti extended madness 😃

Edited by Kimmie K

I love this show.

Sadly, when I asked my kids if they had any questions about the whole process that will be happening with my surgery, their answer was no because they've seen it on My 600 lb life. Sigh

The Assanti's are FOR SURE a train wreck.

If you are on Reddit, there is a sub-forum for the show and Justin Assanti posts in there once in a while.

17 hours ago, magpie26 said:

600 pound life!

@magpie26

i watched it in the past - not recently, I feel too sad watching those "slightly" overweight people.

so obese ---- need help in and out of bed, washing etc. not able to walk, every day struggles,very

sad - the peep that do loose lots of weight, wonder if they are able to keep it off?? Must be hard!! -

i feel bad for anyone that is overweight (like i was) some OP have said that watching the show helps

them, makes them realize what not to be - (the heavy weight)

@magpie26 congrats on 104 lb weight loss!!! you are aces!!😊

kathy

15 minutes ago, proudgrammy said:

@magpie26

i watched it in the past - not recently, I feel too sad watching those "slightly" overweight people.

so obese ---- need help in and out of bed, washing etc. not able to walk, every day struggles,very

sad - the peep that do loose lots of weight, wonder if they are able to keep it off?? Must be hard!! -

i feel bad for anyone that is overweight (like i was) some OP have said that watching the show helps

kathy

It's definitely sad because 9 times out of 10 these people report abuse or neglect of some sort as a child. Sexual abuse, emotional, horrible things. food becomes a coping mechanism then an addiction just as easily as someone getting hooked on opiods or whatever else. The gnarly part is everyone needs food to survive so you have 24/7 access to you what fuels your addiction. It's not like you have to meet a shady dude in a dark alley for a sack of quarter pounders and Snicker's bars. The even sadder part being the "friends" and family members that enable these folks with food addictions or they foster the others' addictions due to their own messed up issues and selfish agendas. That show is definitely real....mostly real sad. Positive side is there are plenty on the show who have successfully beat their addictions, removed the toxic people from their lives, bettered themselves and got healthier. The success rate is low, but it does exist. I just use the show as a reminder of how bad things can get, why they get that way, and how to avoid it :91_thumbsup:

Edited by Kimmie K

There should be a place in Hades, a very nasty place in Hades for aoneone molests or abuses children. Children are our World' s future and they do not deserve any pain, any suffering, any fears and sorrow. The adult world can be mean, but do not visit adult sin on little innocent people.😪💦😭💦

I have to admit...I love the show. Fascinated me. Very sad though. Especially when they pass away before they’re able to see success.

Well if it is t8me to confess Guilty Fascinations on TV mine is LivePD on A&E, I seldom miss an episode. And last night I was proud to see Franklin County(COLUMBUS) Ohio on there. One of the areascwas the Ohio State University campus and it's fringes, spent years living and walking there and the Hospital I chose for my RouxEnY surgery September 5th 2018. GO BUCKEYES! I truly do bleed Scarlet and Gray!👸🏈😛

On 11/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, proudgrammy said:

@magpie26

kathy

@proud grammy thank you so much! It's incredibly amazing to have this tool and in general lots of positive support!

I started watching long before I decided on my sleeve, partly because my mom had the bypass 12 years ago. The trauma a lot of them go through is just horrible. My husband and kids always ask why I watch it and I can say partly because of the train wreck factor but also I'm in the mental health field and I see trauma all the time. Like someone said above, the addiction is to food, it's available everywhere and obviously you will become extremely fat if you eat tens of thousands of calories per day.