Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 3lbs down since surgery

Everything and nothing is normal. Words like ONLY aren't good friends either. What if overnight you lost 3lbs or more? Would you be asking the same question if that had happened?:)

Don't do this to yourself. Please! The weight loss will happen. Do what you've been instructed to do and the pounds will come off. You'll just make yourself crazy if you keep up this mindset.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

Right after surgery please just concentrate on healing and letting the swelling go down, your health is more important than the scale. I actually didn’t think about the scale right away, when I went for my first post op visit that’s when I found out how much I had lost. Trust me the weight is going to come off but it takes time and patience. Everyone’s been there. Your new sleeve is a tool to help you lose weight, stick to the plan and do your part and the sleeve will do its part.

I wish you all the best on your journey!

5 minutes ago, wanda247 said:

Right after surgery please just concentrate on healing and letting the swelling go down, your health is more important than the scale. I actually didn’t think about the scale right away, when I went for my first post op visit that’s when I found out how much I had lost. Trust me the weight is going to come off but it takes time and patience. Everyone’s been there. Your new sleeve is a tool to help you lose weight, stick to the plan and do your part and the sleeve will do its part.

I wish you all the best on your journey!

Beautifully said, Wanda. (And your profile pic is knockout beautiful, too, by the way.)

These are such great comments I'm 6 days out from my surgery as well and honestly considering I'm not too sure of the definate number of my weight on the day of the surgery, when I went to my 1st week follow up at my doctors today I either lost 2lbs or none (still the same weight since the surgery)...remember I said considering...lol ....however the number did seem to bother me especially since my scale at home said I actually weigh less than what was displayed on the scale at the doctors office. However I understand that eventually the lbs will drop and even though the scale says 1 things when I look in the mirror I think I really see a lil change. Either way I'm determined and more motivated than ever to loose this weight. Just like everyone here stated in thier comments this procedure is a tool and it will do what it needs to do as long as I do what I need to do and i am going to do it. Thank you all for your words and comments. This really helps and encourages me so much. Thank you.

Wow. I just noticed your name. Gabrielle Simone. Talk about a lovely name. It sounds like the name of a big-time, famous celebrity.

When I came home from the hospital I weighed myself the next morning (I was stupid - they told me not to). I figured I would be down because I hadn’t eaten in 3 days. I had GAINED 9lbs!! I couldn’t believe it! But then I realized since I hadn’t eaten if was obviously all the fluids they pumped on me! By my 2 week post-op appointment (my surgeon doesn’t do 1 week) I had lost THOSE 9 lbs plus 10 more!! So down overall 10lbs in 2 weeks! My point is - especially right after surgery you can’t stress about the weight because you probably still have Fluid in you. As long as you are drinking your Water and getting your Protein in you will do great! Good luck!!

@Missouri-Lee's Summit thank you so much for that compliment. Simone is my middle name actually, my first name Garielle was already taken so I just put it together to create a profile name, but I do recieve alot of compliments about my name. When i was younger I absolutely hated my name but I LOVEEEE it now. Lol....Thank u.

10 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Beautifully said, Wanda. (And your profile pic is knockout beautiful, too, by the way.)

Awww! Thank you @Missouri-Lee's Summit 😉

11 hours ago, Lovingmyselfforever said:

Day 6 post op only 3 lbs down. I’ve been on full liquids. Thought I would’ve lost more. Is this normal?

Nothing is "normal" anymore. You have had major surgery on your insides. With that being said, as many above have noted, just focus on your recovery and less on pounds loss. I've reminded myself many times and will continue to do so throughout my journey that the weight did NOT appear overnight, and surgery is NOT a miracle worker. It's a tool, that require our hard work, persistence, patience and attention for a lifetime to come. You've been anatomically remodeled and it's now your job to stay healthy and follow the plan that your team set in motion for you. The weight WILL come off, slowly, just like the way it presented itself... over time, not over night.

Stay positive, trust the process and follow your plan. You've got this.

Hey @ Missouri-Lees summit, just saw on Google someone is saying a high calorie low Protein diet promotes healthy brain aging. Maybe I am bound to be thin and witless, everybody be kind as I sit there drooling. You'll find me over there in the fits one size chair, won't need the WIDE SEAT anymore!