Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all I'm 1 day post Op revision Band to Bypass and doing great my surgery was @ 10am yesterday Oct 22. I was a lil nauseated after surgery and pain was around a 6. I was up walking on my own at 7pm that night. Still NPO till swallow study results are in. I can't say enough great thing about my surgeon David Provost he is AWESOME very knowledgeable and straight to the point, which I love. If anyone has any post Op advice I would love to hear it PLEASE large.7FA297F4-076A-4E3B-8E11-5A129BB2834A.jpeg.665ab0b1138ccc8781f6ad73c2f57f3a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mizzhappygolucky said:

Hi all I'm 1 day post Op revision Band to Bypass and doing great my surgery was @ 10am yesterday Oct 22. I was a lil nauseated after surgery and pain was around a 6. I was up walking on my own at 7pm that night. Still NPO till swallow study results are in. I can't say enough great thing about my surgeon David Provost he is AWESOME very knowledgeable and straight to the point, which I love. If anyone has any post Op advice I would love to hear it PLEASE large.7FA297F4-076A-4E3B-8E11-5A129BB2834A.jpeg.665ab0b1138ccc8781f6ad73c2f57f3a.jpeg

Congrats and welcome to the Revision club! Did they warn you that your weight loss might be slower than "typical" with the revision? If not, be aware, but don't let it get you down, I'm done 100 lbs since my pre-revision check in, so, we can do it just as well as first timers!

Welcome to the other side, hope to be following you soon!

On 10/23/2018 at 10:28 AM, Matt Z said:

Congrats and welcome to the Revision club! Did they warn you that your weight loss might be slower than "typical" with the revision? If not, be aware, but don't let it get you down, I'm done 100 lbs since my pre-revision check in, so, we can do it just as well as first timers!

I've never heard that before. Why is it?

2 minutes ago, GB in CA said:

I've never heard that before. Why is it?

For the most part it's because revisions are already used to and dealing with some level of restriction. So it's less of a change for us than it is for folks that go from Nothing to Full sleeve / bypass.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Matt Z said:

For the most part it's because revisions are already used to and dealing with some level of restriction. So it's less of a change for us than it is for folks that go from Nothing to Full sleeve / bypass.

I'm just going crazy here. I'm doing everything right and I'm only losing like 2 pounds a week.

I'm down 10lbs it's been 11 days since my surgery not sure if that's good or bad but I'll take it.

I'm just going crazy here. I'm doing everything right and I'm only losing like 2 pounds a week.
That's 104 pounds over a year which is fabulous!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, GB in CA said:

2 lbs a week is quite a reasonable rate of loss... you are losing 8 lbs a month, that's 80 lbs in 10. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't really worry about how fast you are losing, it's not a race and it's a sprint.