Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help !!

I was banded june 1 2007 i have gone from 328 to 265.2 as of today and i am stuck. I take the stairs at work approx 150-300 2 or 3 times a day so really between 300-900 stairs a day. Ihave a 10 ccc band. My problem is after 12 hours at hospital night shift i dont have any engery left after take kids to schol house cleaning and my second job. LOL gluten for punishment. I am thinking about a home eliptical machine anyone have one?? Its hard one for me but works for whole body i hear, i know i need to take time for my self and thought maybe this would help.ANyone have one?? thanks. Ihave about 100 more lbs to go..i think:help:

Sometimes the body just needs to take a break. You can't expect to maintain the same rate of loss you experience right after post-op throughout your weightloss journey to goal.

Can't offer much advice on the elliptical, I don't like them.

Monitor your caloric intake against your BMR, see if you're where you need to be. If not, adjust. If so, look to external factors.

I was banded june 1 2007 i have gone from 328 to 265.2 as of today and i am stuck. I take the stairs at work approx 150-300 2 or 3 times a day so really between 300-900 stairs a day.

I am not an expert but I can pass along what has worked for me in the past.

1. Make sure you are not running out of energy (Calories) which would cause the exhaustion.

2. Check out the bodybugg device for one reason, it will tell you how many calories you have burned in a day. That is so important in making food choices through out the day, Yes food tracking is involved but with the band how much food do you really have to track. Wear it one day with no exercise and see what you are burning as a baseline. I am burning 3000 calories in 24 hours so now I know I cant eat more that 2500 or I won't lose my 1 pound a week.

3.This is going to sound crazy but your body might have adapted to the stairs and you are most likely not getting the benefit you think. For example, my wife ran three miles a day in the Navy and could not lose weight to save her life. She was really down about it so I suggested that she run this huge hill outside our military base and the weight started to come off. The body is going to adapt to your work out in 90-120 days so you have keep shocking the body.

Fairyfire:

I have just recently started using an eliptical. My Daughter and I nicknamed it the "bitch", because it's so hard! I have been walking 4 to 5 miles per day and not having a problem with that. However, I can only do 6 minutes at a time on the eliptical. That's up from 3 minutes initially. It does feel like it's working my whole body hard though, so it's good.

I think that mixing up what you do can help get past a slump. Whether that means changing your exercise, or changing the food you're eating. Either way, your body may respond to a change.

Good luck!

Sue

I have an eliptical machine. I love it. I exercise on it 30 min. everyday while I watch my night time TV. The time flies by! During commercials I pick-up the pace, it's like doing intervals.

I'm sorry, I hate when I post questions and people don't actually answer my question. I do know that an important part of buying an elliptical is how the machine is designed and your body placement. I have heard from the folks at my rehab center that the cheaper ones put a strain on the knees. If you want to really shock the body and get your weight loss moving along I would recommend the squat. If you can do it with weight or without but that fires up 200+ muscles in one movement and should help.

i agree with living - you need to 'shock the body' ... cross train. one day do the elliptical if you buy one, the other go for a fast paced walk, the other take a few minutes every few hours and go up a few flights of stairs at the office.

my advice on the elliptical - try several out before you buy. any good store will let you hop on for a few minutes. however, if you are new to 'the beast', you may only be able to go a few minutes. the first time i was on one, i lasted under 2 minutes.

best of luck to you... keep active, it works!