Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year's Resolution

Hi everyone. I finally got a date today and my surgery will be on the 10th January 08. I can't wait. It took so long to make my own decision and now I just wanna get it done and get on. I have to do two weeks on Optifast before the op so I hope that will get me started on the downward slope. When I went for my first appointment with the surgeon's assistant I weighed 248 lbs and had BMI of 39 and through exercising recently I have lost 4 lbs which I am happy with. I have 66lbs to lose to get to the goal weight my surgeon set but I would like to be allowed to go lower as at that weight (182 lb) I will still be overweight. I currently have a gastric reflux, and high cholesterol, Fluid retention as well as irritable bowel syndrome which are all largely weight related. Look forward to sharing my journey with all you other January bandsters.

Hilary:clap2::whoo:

My doctor is recommending slim fast, broth and 2 cups of steamed, raw or grilled veggies a day. Have to do two weeks prior and 2 weeks after. So 4 weeks total on liquids. Trying to do one meal of liquid now to get used to it.

hi ya Hilary.............

hey im so plesed to hear of some else being banded in jan !! yaaa 2008 new years for us.

im getting banded on the 2rd jan by dr. watson. at murdoch.

who ar you getting done by. im pretty scared but at the same time really really excited.

if you would like to stay n touch and chat all about our new adventure please email on lackmin@hotmail.com

Hello, and best wishes to all of you. I was banded in January of 2007 and am so happy with my decision.

The hardest part is the pre-op & post-op diet. So just hang in there and you can get thru it.

Also, be patient with your fills, sometimes it takes awhile to get restriction, but you will get it. Stay on top of your fills, don't wait around too long to get another fill. And EXERCISE, walk or some type of exercise everyday, you will be amazed at how quickly the weight will come off.

Again, best wishes to all of you, I know you are so excited, I was in your shoes 1 year ago so I know how you must be feeling.

Tonya

thanks tonya!!! i can't wait 'till a year has gone by and be closer to my goal. :whoo::whoo:must be the best feeling in the world....

It sounds like there are a bunch of us "January Bandsters".

:confused:I don't have a date yet but my paperwork is supposed to go to the insurance this week so hopefully I will be able to schedule my surgery some time in January. At the Weight Loss Institute I am going though they don't schedule your meeting with the surgeon until after insurance has approved you. I had to submit a detailed history and a letter from my PCP with weight history and diet attempts for the last five years. :clap2: I had my Psych evaluation this week. She went over all the diet changes that will be required, etc. to see that I understood exactly what I am doing. Now my file is complete :whoo:so the Surgeon's office will submit for insurance approval. After insurance approval, I will be scheduled for a day long class where they do diet session, exercise session, pre-op tests and meeting with the surgeon. Surgery will be scheduled at the meeting with the surgeon. I am starting to get to the exciting part, but still a little nervous that the insurance company will ok everything. :nervous:nervous:nervous

gday all lap banders for 2008 !!!

i wish us all the best as our lives will certainly change for the best....... i know it is going to be trying and lots of uphill challenges ahead but i know we can ll do it,.

any one having dr. watson? i am and im going to murdoch .

ooooooooooooh im counting the weeks and am scared but at the same time really wanna get it over and done with and take a fresh new start to life and start living to the fullest!

xx

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread, but I wanted to recommend a book that I found very helpful.

The Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients (Paperback)

by [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/105-7174822-0954013?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Colleen%20M.%20Cook]Colleen M. Cook[/ame] (Author)

If you can follow these habits, you WILL be successful.

I just remember when I was getting the band, I was like a sponge, I wanted to hear from everyone who had the band and wanted to know what they did to lose the weight. This book was recommended to me, and I really love it. I bought mine of Ebay, so I would check there first to see if you can find it cheap. I think I paid like $5 for it and I still refer to it often.

Again, sorry if I'm intruding, just wanted to share some of my tips with you guys.

Thanks, for the info on the book. You know with everyone's opinions here, both pro and con for the band, its nice to know there is a book out there that can help too.

I recently decided to do this and was excited to find this forum.

I haven't even made my appointment yet for my first visit. I am self pay so I will have them schedule me for early January, wanted to do December but I don't think I will have it all saved by then. I will but then I still have tests to get done I know so don't have enough for both.

I have a LONG road ahead of me, but I am pig headed and I am determined, and this is what I will do. I finally can see a light at the end of the tunel, and freedom is at the other end, does that makes sense? it will be sometime but, I am upto it.

I don't even know how much I weight, so I will put that ruler thingie after I get weighted in my first visit.

Thanks for the recommendation Sunshine! Any advice from someone who has already been banded is much appreciated!

Chiquita-

Welcome to LBT and the the Jan 08 Bandster page! Congratulations on making such a big decision! It is a long road, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

Hello all January Bandsters..... ME TOO.

I am so excited!!!!!!!! We have to keep in touch and share..... There is a place on here with a list of things to take and have at home. Great info to have....

Good Luck Jan Family!

Thanks happy.gif I made my first appointment just one hour ago. I go in on the 12th of December and probably will see what they need in the way of tests and such before the surgery. Unfortunally, Christmas gets on the way so slows things down a bit.

I am confident it will be on January, the first half either way as I am self pay and have no insurance so I pay all of it on my own.

I will post my date once I have it.clap2.gif

Hello-

I am Jan. 4th with Dr. Kuri. About 5 days before you FLMAN!

This is so cool, I'm excited to talk with others getting it done in Jan!