Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a veteran bypass patient that lives in Elk Grove or Sac

Hello, I'm trying to find someone my age (I'm 31) who has had the gastric bypass for a long while and is doing really good at it to motivate me/help me with keeping on track. I live in Northern California, as I stated that up there. But I'm trying to find someone who is either at the same milestones in their lives as me because everybody I've met has kids and everything or married and I don't want to feel like I'm burdening people/not in that point in my life plus I want somebody I could relate to and they could relate to me (I don't relate to nobody though so I wish I could). I already go to my bariatric support group (I'm Post Op since May 15th of this year) but my support is not enough. I have ZERO support from family or friends I did this all myself but I do need someone to help sometimes because I don't know what I'm doing to be honest even though my bariatric doctor so I'm where I'm supposed to be and I've been following the meal plan 90% and the other 10% is confusion and frustration. I'm getting very angry because sometimes I feel like weight loss surgery was worthless because I'm still fat but I know for a fact It's not going to come off really quickly right now because I had a high BMI and weight. I'm 5'3 1/2 and when I started my journey 4 years ago I was 365-370ish and right now I'm still 244 but I've just felt so depressed about my weight but I'm trying not worry about it but I have still A LOT of health issues still but like 2 less ailments since WLS. If anybody wants to talk to me please feel free to message me. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches