Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on July 3rd, incisions look really good and surgeon says they are healing very well. No stitches outside all Dermabond. My question is- How long should it take for the glue to come off? A couple of the incisions are starting to peel on the edges and are super itchy! Especially if it rubs on my clothes. I just want to know how much longer I might have to deal with it :)

I've had it twice. First time, it was peeling off in less than a week. It was sloppy, and thin, but I also had stitches. 2nd time, my big incision had enough glue it could have passed as gorilla tape. This dr didn't used stitches, but did a meticulous thick glue job. I pulled it off on day 15, and it felt like torture. I felt ok pulling it off, because it had worn through right over the incision scab. Obviously it was healed and wasn't serving a purpose anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/12/2018 at 19:00, Heather E said:

I was sleeved on July 3rd, incisions look really good and surgeon says they are healing very well. No stitches outside all Dermabond. My question is- How long should it take for the glue to come off? A couple of the incisions are starting to peel on the edges and are super itchy! Especially if it rubs on my clothes. I just want to know how much longer I might have to deal with it :)

I found that trimming off the loose edges made a world of difference! Cut down on the itching and pulling.

Itching often accompanies healing. Don't be too eager to remove the glue since you might end up removing the scab underneath it.

I'm over two weeks post op. My doctor suggested Vitamin E oil to help them slowly peel off. Maybe ask your doctor?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

My glue seemed to want to stick around forever! I think I still had incision glue clinging tight 6 weeks post. I picked the edges off and waited for the remaining glue to rub off "naturally".

On 7/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, logicwand said:

My glue seemed to want to stick around forever! I think I still had incision glue clinging tight 6 weeks post. I picked the edges off and waited for the remaining glue to rub off "naturally".

I’m going your route. Went to the Dr at week 3 for my post op he said everything looks great. I asked him about the glue he said it will come off on it’s own. He warned do not pick it off. So I’m not touching it. I’m now 4 and 1/2 week post. The tiny incision the glue fell off yesterday. It’s still indented where the incision was it has a dent where the skin needs to finish closing. I almost wish the glue was there till fully closed on all skin layers.

Now my big incision the glue is on top of the massive scab it looks mean and ugly but not touching it because that’s one I really want it closed on as many skin layers as I can.

Morale here don’t touch the glue it will come off on its own.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, logicwand said:

Wow! I am 17 days out and was starting to wonder if it shouldn't have come off by now. I'll just leave it alone but it is definitely getting itchy.

Day 11 here and I've been trimming the edges that are pealing up the last two days. I'm not going to pull or peal on it but not leaving the edges and take a chance they snag on something and rip off either.

I'm at day 10; It appears as if I have glue and stitches, the doctor told me it is healing nicely. The glue is beginning to flake off and I am starting to get the "healing" itching on the smaller incisions. I'm just going to let it work itself out for now. But if you are concerned reach out to your doctor!