Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, If you had a VSG 4-6 years ago (and are still 'here' on BP), please post how you're doing. Are you still on program? Sticking with hi-protein? Have you regained? If so, how much, and what are you doing about it (or did, to lose it again)? Are you eating too fast, or still eating slowly? Exercising (or not)?

Admittedly, I've regained a few pounds. Well, more than a few; ~ 18 pounds; and I notice I'm eating faster, so I seemingly have stretched my stomach. grrr. I'm so mad at myself.

I spoke with my friend/colleague/surgeon, and he said that ghrelin DOES return ~ the 5 year mark, and that is exactly where I am (Dec. 4th, 2013 was my surgery date). This is especially true with carbs being in the diet. There's that word again. To you WLS 'youngsters': DON'T start with revisiting carbs; it's hard to break the cravings.

Based on reviews here, I bought some Syntrax Lemon-Tea, it tastes good; so I think I need to try the cold turkey route for a couple of weeks; hope i can do it!! But I'd like to know how others are doing. Pray for me!!! I CANNOT gain more weight; I was doing so well!!!

Thanks.

Sending prayers your way. Don't be too mad at yourself. You stopped regain in the early stages and are working to lose again!

Your tool isn't broken , work with it and thi,gs will straighten out soon!👍😛👍

Could not disagree with you more about the carbs. And could not disagree with you more about not having carbs in your maintenance diet.

I eat a metric ton of healthy carbs with lots of healthy plant based Protein in them. Has worked awesome for me for slow steady weight loss. My diet is delicious, satisfying and never leaves me feeling deprived or hungry.

I value my kidneys....so I don't want to damage them and shorten my lifespan by grossly over eating protein for the rest of my life.

I don't have problems with cravings. Sometimes I choose to eat a little junk, but I feel absolutely in control when I do and can stop at a few bites (and enjoy the hell out of them) Part of this, very likely, has to do with my diet full of low glycemic index healthy carbs that keep my blood sugar stable....which keeps me from Jonesing like an addict so I can make sane measured choices on a sustainable plan.

I get that you think carbs are the devil. Not everyone does.

Not everyone is a ketovangelist.

I don't want to live in a world without black Beans, health nut bread, watermelon and apples:) (and the occasional bite or two of a naughy assed dessert)

And I don't have to.

:P

59 minutes ago, Dr-Patient said:

regained a few pounds.

@Dr-Patient- hi there - remember me??

being honest with yourself, realizing you messed up - but now wanting to get back on

track. you'll do it. Maybe go to basics again to push the weight loss. You know what

to do, you did it before!! Success will be in your vocabulary again. I can feel it!!

i fluctuate a little - but not bad - i try and eat slower than i did in my previous life!!

drink and drink - i love Water, never really exercised butttt,,, i eat "pretty" well, but

screw up too, eat some stuff i should not eat., eat a little more than i should, but

honesty is the best policy for me!

All newbies, don't do my bad stuff. " Do as i say, not what i do"

all and all, do well/maintain and a very happy camper 6+ years plus with my sleeve!

that is my story and i'm stickin' to it!!

good luck

kathy

[mention=201708]Dr-Patient[/mention]- hi there - remember me??
being honest with yourself, realizing you messed up - but now wanting to get back on
track. you'll do it. Maybe go to basics again to push the weight loss. You know what
to do, you did it before!! Success will be in your vocabulary again. I can feel it!!
i fluctuate a little - but not bad - i try and eat slower than i did in my previous life!!
drink and drink - i love Water, never really exercised butttt,,, i eat "pretty" well, but
screw up too, eat some stuff i should not eat., eat a little more than i should, but
honesty is the best policy for me!
All newbies, don't do my bad stuff. " Do as i say, not what i do"
all and all, do well/maintain and a very happy camper 6+ years plus with my sleeve!
that is my story and i'm stickin' to it!!
good luck
kathy

I am one month and 1 week post-op great advice I needed to hear that thanks[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 4 yrs out this month and I have regained 15lbs. I too find I eat much faster and can fit more food than I like. Before surgery i had an insatiable need for sugar. After surgery and for about 2 years post surgery I didn’t crave sugar like a use to, however, I’ve introduced more carbs over the years and my sweet tooth is back full force. I am about to try the pouch reset and start limiting my carbs much more to see if it helps to pull the weight back off. I’ve also had my gall bladder and a hernia repaired for a second time since my sleeve surgery and I’ve recntly started having really bad reflux. Turns out the hernia is back for a 3rd time in the same place. My dr is recommending a possible gastric bypass.

Edited by mgt3boys
Spelling

Thanks to everyone for your support. Proudgranny, of course I remember you; we've been here a good while! Thanks!

(And to 'Creek...' Surely I'm not speaking about good carbs (beans, berries, etc); I'm speaking about grabbing the bad carbs.)

I do understand, mgt3. Fortunately I didn't have any reflux, etc. But, let's just reset our minds and our mouths re: our intake:slow it down and choose wisely what we ingest. Hang in there, as I will, too :-).

I can do this!!! And I WILL.