Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been sleeved since 7/2015. I've put on about some weight this past year. I went back to my doctor and he suggested I do an EGD scope to see if there is anything going on especially since I've been having acid reflux. He found I have a retained fundus - which is a poooch out at the top of my sleeve. He said this is the cause of the weight gain and reflux.

Since I'm a candidate for the revision to do the DS switch I have started the process for that next step. He will fix the retained fundus at the time of the next surgery.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Yes. I am now at this point. Feeling so sick. The thing with me, I had my surgery in 2019. I always after that had built up gas, bloating, stomach pangs and acid reflux. Constantly went to ER’s they did CT scans, no problem. Did Endoscopy’s. Was told the fundus was a bit generous.

Hello to all. I had a Gastric Sleeve in 2019. Yes I’m old to this but here’s my problem and please to the newbies or to those who are thinking of having a Gastric sleeve, make sure the surgeon completely remove your fundus. The Gastric fundus prohibits inferior weights loss.
I loss approximately 85 pounds within a 3 years time because of this and went into complete stalling. The surgeons kept over telling me I’m overeating which I told them I’m not. I just now found out my fundus is intake and wasn’t removed. I’ve been so sick from 2019 til present (2022) with stomach issues but CT scans during my emergency room visits shortly after surgery all come back normal. Nonetheless, I just suffered and stop trying to seek help until this year my acid reflux and swallowing started to interfere with my daily life. So the ER suggested a ENDOSCOPY in which the results come back as A Gastric Fundus is Generous and Mild Gastric lining Thickening. After researching, I found that the gastric sleeve was supposedly be removed. I don’t want any more revisions of surgeries but to not be sick, I will decide on it.
Again, please inquire of this. Do your research on the topic of a “Retained Gastric Fundus” after weight loss surgery.
Have anybody dealt with this and if so, what did you do? Lets be of help to one another with truth and honesty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches