Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am over it.

So I haven’t told many people about me going through the process to have WLS my surgery is scheduled for July 3rd and I just don’t particularly care to hear about others opinions on it at this point in my journey. Well today I find out my grandmother is going around telling EVERYONE who will listen about me having the surgery. I. AM. PISSED. I didn’t even tell her about it so someone else apparently needed to share information about it as well. Now all I’ve heard all day is how I don’t need the surgery and how I don’t even look “big” enough to have the surgery. I’m 5’3 and weighed 250 lbs at the beginning of my pre-surgery weight loss. That is medically considered obese. I’m so frustrated right now and I just don’t know what to do about this situation. I can’t necessarily tell my grandmother to STFU lol. I tried telling her I wasn’t okay with her sharing that information but it didn’t phase her at all. I’m seriously going to lose it if I hear one more time that I’m being stupid or making a huge mistake. I don’t need the negativity when I’m this close to surgery.

So I haven’t told many people about me going through the process to have WLS my surgery is scheduled for July 3rd and I just don’t particularly care to hear about others opinions on it at this point in my journey. Well today I find out my grandmother is going around telling EVERYONE who will listen about me having the surgery. I. AM. PISSED. I didn’t even tell her about it so someone else apparently needed to share information about it as well. Now all I’ve heard all day is how I don’t need the surgery and how I don’t even look “big” enough to have the surgery. I’m 5’3 and weighed 250 lbs at the beginning of my pre-surgery weight loss. That is medically considered obese. I’m so frustrated right now and I just don’t know what to do about this situation. I can’t necessarily tell my grandmother to STFU lol. I tried telling her I wasn’t okay with her sharing that information but it didn’t phase her at all. I’m seriously going to lose it if I hear one more time that I’m being stupid or making a huge mistake. I don’t need the negativity when I’m this close to surgery.

Direct her to the NIH guidelines and to talk her it is medically necessary. You're not asking for her permission, but rather her support. Is she obese too? This might be more about her issues and insecurities.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

She is also obese but she also has some other issues that make it worse because she almost can’t control it.

On 05/22/2018 at 12:37, BigViffer said:

Why can't you tell her to STFU?

Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

Because she also has some issues that contribute to the problem that aren’t her fault. I’m mainly just frustrated.

That really sucks. Just remember, the reasons you are doing this for yourself, are the same reasons why their opinions don't matter. At the end of the day, there is only 1 person you need to answer to, and that's yourself. As long as you did what you thought was right for you, that's all the opinion that matters.

Stay Strong.
Stay Confident.

Stay Positive!
You got this.

And I will add
right surgery*
right time *
right reason*
for the right person* YOU
And the right outcome at the end.! 😛👍

Thank you all!

And now McKenzie move forward smoothly toward yoursurgery July 3. Remember all that you have learned but don't let it embitter youm, You are a previous special person who deserves only the best things life can give you. Smile😝 it will make you look and feel,pretty.

Hi@ mckenzie, only 3 weeks until your surgery. Are you still on target,for that big day of Rebirth?

Hey McKenzie, we're gong in this adventure together (July 3rd). We also have some of the same stats, I was 251 when I started. Luckily, I have support but there are always people out there that want to be Debbie Downers trying to impress their opinions on you. Ignore them!!! You've got this! You're going to be healthier and slimmer very soon. I look at this phase we're about to enter as the catalyze phase. The liquid diet is us building this cocoon around of old bodies. Surgery is as Frustr8 says, the rebirth, and after a beautiful butterfly. Keep strong and Good luck.

I had my sleeve 4-3-18. My husband knew and some other people knew, but not the date. I definitely didn't want his family knowing because they are drama fanatics. So, I told his Aunt because she invited us for Easter and I couldn't eat because I was on my pre op diet and I told her not to tell anyone. We told everyone else I was dieting. Well, guess what she ran her mouth and now won't even talk to me at all. Oh well, it's my life. I've also had people tell me I didn't need the surgery. I'm 5'2 and weighed 230 which medically is morbidly obese. Plus, I had co-morbidities. To hell with everyone else. I'm happy with my decision.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Grammy can, respectfully, kick rocks. Don’t tell her I said that, though. 🤣 But seriously, do what you can to ignore it. You went through A LOT on this journey, and there’s a lot more to go. You made the best decision for YOU - the you that will live with the benefits of the decision you made- not the Peanut gallery. I’m proud of you. And I’m pretty awesome so that should mean more than the naysayers. 😄

Grandmas... *sigh*....they do this shite when their brains start to go.

Love them....but damn.