Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have hit a stall for about 6 weeks. Any suggestions for jump starting to start losing again? Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, Classact said:

I have hit a stall for about 6 weeks. Any suggestions for jump starting to start losing again? Thanks in advance

Are you exercising, drinking at least the minimum amount of Water and consuming the proper amounts of Protein? Stalls can happen as your body tries to re-calibrate itself. Are you noticing any non-scale victories?

I’m getting my Protein and most days my Water. I am still losing inches and dropping sizes.

We're in the same boat. I've been drinking ALL my fluids and Protein. I'm in week 7. I'm losing inches but my scale seems stuck between 204 and 205. It makes you wonder if you're doing something wrong. I can get my daily protein from a shake and Protein Bar. So I don't know what to do to move my scale.

Show someone a little kindness each day~Miss Tee

This is where the "Don't worry about the weight number" comes in. Clearly you are losing something somewhere if your losing inches and sizes. This is exactly why I love scales with body fat measurements. There were days when I would gain weight, but lose fat. If it weren't for that second measurement, I'd more than likely have lost my damn mind. Now, as long as 1 of the 2 measurements is dropping, I don't stress.

I'd say you both were doing great, just keep it up and soon enough you'll see those Lbs dropping off as well! It takes time, but you'll get there!

Eat more. A lot more if you can... I seem to be a very unique case... down 100 in 8 months with no stalls.. I might stall a week or two but still lose some.. then a big drop.. I don’t workout too much either... walk 45-1 hour few days a week. I eat 1000-1300 cals too. Plenty of carbs... so I guess I cannot advise? I just say make sure you poop and drink lots of Water. That helps me

45 minutes ago, SGirl35 said:

Eat more. A lot more if you can... I seem to be a very unique case... down 100 in 8 months with no stalls.. I might stall a week or two but still lose some.. then a big drop.. I don’t workout too much either... walk 45-1 hour few days a week. I eat 1000-1300 cals too. Plenty of carbs... so I guess I cannot advise? I just say make sure you poop and drink lots of Water. That helps me

On ‎05‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Classact said:

I also eat 1000-1200 calories a day. I'm down 95lbs in 4 months. I also eat carbs, from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I advise to up your calories for a week and see if it makes a difference. I highly doubt you will gain, so if not, its just another week stalled.

Edited by AshAsh1

I also eat 1000-1200 calories a day. I'm down 95lbs in 4 months. I also eat carbs, from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I advice to up your calories for a week and see if it makes a difference. I highly doubt you will gain, so if not, its just another week stalled.

Wow! Congrats on such fast results! You have me beat easily. ;) I’m happy to hear you actually eat! Seems like everyone is super strict and doesn’t eat anything off “plan”... I try to live. Especially if we’re losing this fast- why not eat , if it’s working.

8 minutes ago, SGirl35 said:

Wow! Congrats on such fast results! You have me beat easily. ;) I’m happy to hear you actually eat! Seems like everyone is super strict and doesn’t eat anything off “plan”... I try to live. Especially if we’re losing this fast- why not eat , if it’s working.

I had a really high BMI, so I am only about half way to goal. I think us bigger girls loose faster. But yes, my philosophy is to eat healthy. Fruits and whole grains have a place in every diet, and it just depends on how much!

I stalled at 215. I started with post-op liquid diet again to shrink stomach down and increased walking to kick start loss.