Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Craving pickle juice

I craved pickles so bad after I was sleeved. You can have it, just high in sodium so do so in moderation. It helped with my reflux. I still eat pickles almost every day and I’m 6 months post-op

I craved pickles so bad after I was sleeved. You can have it, just high in sodium so do so in moderation. It helped with my reflux. I still eat pickles almost every day and I’m 6 months post-op

It's crazy how bad I want pickles right now! If i didn't know better I'd think I was pregnant lol! Definitely no chance of that!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Still on the presurg side of things , when I gave up evil sweets and nasty soda, which realized is truly for the best, do you know what I want? Veggies, have To be cooked because you can't chomp raw ones real great with dentures, but I love steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, peas and little pearl onions. Hold a baked or nuked sweet potato in front of my face and I'll follow you anywhere.🍝

In medium doses it's a laxative, so be careful! Have plenty of Water and stay hydrated. Athletes swear by it for cramps and dehydration..

Your electrolytes are probably off. Are you drinking plenty of broth with sodium? Taking your Vitamins?

As you lose Water weight you flush electrolytes from your body. Also due to the low consumption of food, sodium and potassium intake is way down. The electrolytes should be replaced or you'll start to feel sick. broth is helpful in replacing electrolytes. You can also add lite salt which has potassium and sodium in it to your diet. Vitamins usually are pretty low in electrolytes due to the assumption you'll get enough sodium from your diet and the potential of possible overdosing on potassium. Drinking Pickle Juice is helpful. But the broth will add some Protein in. Hopefully your Multivitamin has the needed magnesium.

You should also be having at least one electrolyte beverage a day. Makes a huge difference for me.

I think we all went through that phase...I did drink a little juice every now and then just to satisfy the craving but remember it is high in sodium. But its no harm to have a sip🤗🤗🥒🥒🥒

I'm wanting a pickle now

Edited by J San

You could have low sodium.