Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. So the Water and broth and popsicles stay down easy. BUT I still can’t keep a Protein Shake down. That’s what’s sticking and popping back up! Did anyone else have a problem with the shakes staying down for the first week or more after VSG? Is it just that they’re too rich or thick maybe? Not sure. But I’m certainly not going to the crappy ER when I can keep myself hydrated, just not Protein full at this point.

Any thoughts or stories of your experiences would be welcome!

As always, thanks everyone! :)

HW: 311

SW: 255 VSG

CW: 243.0

First goal weight: 209

Second goal weight: 191 lbs

Third goal weight: 159 lbs

Final Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Well, I was not vomiting but there was a lot of crampy discomfort when I first tried to drink the shakes (premier protein) out of the refrigerator so I diluted them with about 10 ounces of Decaf or hot Water and they seemed to go down much easier. I hope you get it figured out since you need the Protein to heal. Good luck!!

Try a clear Protein Water instead of shakes. Isopure ready-made blue raspberry diluted w crystal light lemonade

I was able to drink the clear Premier Protein my 2nd day post op. It is really light and has 20 grams of Protein it took me all day but it was good.

Thin down the shakes- that helps. The Protein in hot Water works too! Hot water goes down much easier than cold for me

Good luck !

I still haven’t gotten Protein in for about 3 (?) days. Still vomiting everything back up. But I guess I’m keeping down enough Fluid to not be super dehydrated. I made an appointment with my PCP for Monday. I’m going to ask about getting an endoscope again to check everything out.
I was just regurgitating everything initially, but now I’m actually vomiting. I also had a slight fever yesterday, and my face was hot and itchy (like when you have a sunburn). But I took a little liquid Tylenol and I’m no longer hot and feverish.
It seems like it could be an over production of stomach acid, an ulcer, a stricture or any number of things. I had a CT scan during that mess of a hospital visit which came back clear. But it seems like it really doesn’t work for diagnosing anything like ulcers.
Honestly my goal is to sleep as much as possible until Monday afternoon.

SW: 255 VSG 5/10/18
CW: 238.6

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I couldn’t tolerate shakes after surgery and still can’t. I went to GNC and bought GENEPRO. I mix it in with my Water and some crystal light flavoring and that’s what I use instead of shakes.

I couldn’t tolerate shakes after surgery and still can’t. I went to GNC and bought GENEPRO. I mix it in with my Water and some crystal light flavoring and that’s what I use instead of shakes.

Oh! Thank you for this! I’ll be checking it out! I just can’t do the shakes right now. I plan on trying some of the Isopure too. I’ve read mixed reviews but the majority tend to be positive. I want to try a few single bottles before I invest in an online order though since it’s so expensive!

CW: 236

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Just an update: yesterday I was able to keep down 40oz of water/pedialyte/ice and a sf popsicle. So far today I’ve kept down 8oz of broth, almost 40oz of the mix above. I’ve only had 3 episodes of regurgitation (all small). I’ve moved out of my bedroom and into the sunroom again so I can live on the reclining couch. Laying completely flat seems to be terrible for me.
I think the 2 Prilosec and 2 nexium are starting to work as well. I still can’t do the chewable vitamins or the majority of my pills. But I feel like I’m getting back on track a little. Going for the Isopure tomorrow after my doctor appointment. Need to get at least a little Protein in since it’s been 5 days of nothing.

CW: 236

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

@Moondoggie, good morning 🐶 I'm taking a lazy morning, just having a think. In the past, I've loved slushies, I wonder if I could take ice cubes and slushie-f y Protein waters and even shakes. I think maybe after surgery I mitt have better luck part of the time spoonifing things. What do you and the rest of the people think? Sometimes my throat stays sore after being intubated.😟