Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning ladies and gents!

It is hard to believe I am on my second day post op! I am thrilled to say that I am doing well. No complications have cropped up yet. In fact if the wounds on my belly didn't hurt a tad, I would swear I didn't even have the surgery! I have had no trouble getting fluids or Protein down. In fact its 6:46am and I've already logged 20oz of Fluid and 10g of protein today.

In fact, I was a bit concerned, like many others, who could consume more than they thought. Yesterday, my first "meal" consisted of 1 cup of chicken broth that I was able to consume in its entirety of 45 minutes, and I truly felt it was my own obsessive pacing that allowed it to stretch for that long. I then followed that up with 8oz of Water about 30 mins later over the course of an hour.

I did notice more restriction when I had lunch and started sampling different Protein Shakes, greet yogurt and pudding. However I still felt like I was able to eat more than I should have been able to. I mean don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining at all. Being able to consume that much has made it easier for me. I've had more energy to walk, and don't feel exhausted. I attribute to the reduced pain to this as well.

The tummy gurgling though... its wicked funny. My stomach was always silent. Now it chatting all day!

I hope my fellow May 14ers are having as easy of a time!

Edited by Kay07

Congrats! May you continue to have a smooth recovery

I’m happy it’s been good for you. It’s been very rough for me. I’m still full of gas and in lots of pain. I just had 4oz of Protein Shake it took me an hour and that was very hard for me.

I am sorry ti has been rough for you! Have you tried focusing fluids over Protein at this point? My surgeon recommended that too. I also purchased protein waters to be a bit easier to keep down.

2 hours ago, Kay07 said:

Good morning ladies and gents!

It is hard to believe I am on my second day post op! I am thrilled to say that I am doing well. No complications have cropped up yet. In fact if the wounds on my belly didn't hurt a tad, I would swear I didn't even have the surgery! I have had no trouble getting fluids or Protein down. In fact its 6:46am and I've already logged 20oz of Fluid and 10g of Protein today.

In fact, I was a bit concerned, like many others, who could consume more than they thought. Yesterday, my first "meal" consisted of 1 cup of chicken broth that I was able to consume in its entirety of 45 minutes, and I truly felt it was my own obsessive pacing that allowed it to stretch for that long. I then followed that up with 8oz of Water about 30 mins later over the course of an hour.

I did notice more restriction when I had lunch and started sampling different Protein Shakes, greet yogurt and pudding. However I still felt like I was able to eat more than I should have been able to. I mean don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining at all. Being able to consume that much has made it easier for me. I've had more energy to walk, and don't feel exhausted. I attribute to the reduced pain to this as well.

The tummy gurgling though... its wicked funny. My stomach was always silent. Now it chatting all day!

I hope my fellow May 14ers are having as easy of a time!

I am glad to hear that everything is going so smoothly fpr you so far. I hope it continues that way. Fingers crossed i get so lucky when my time comes...lol

I hope you do as well! I followed the advice on here, overhydrate the day before so the dehydration doesn't make you too sick walk as much as possible. I think those two things greatly helped me. The first day was ROUGH I won't like about that.

7 minutes ago, Dominicanyork_mom said:

I’m happy it’s been good for you. It’s been very rough for me. I’m still full of gas and in lots of pain. I just had 4oz of Protein Shake it took me an hour and that was very hard for me.

Sorry u are having a difficult time. I hope things get easier for you soon. Prayers!

1 minute ago, Kay07 said:

I hope you do as well! I followed the advice on here, overhydrate the day before so the dehydration doesn't make you too sick walk as much as possible. I think those two things greatly helped me. The first day was ROUGH I won't like about that.

Did u have to do the cleanse the day before?

5 minutes ago, Chrisb428 said:

Did u have to do the cleanse the day before?

Depends on what you mean by cleanse. I had to do 48hours of liquid diet only with Milk of Magnesia taken each night. So I took MoM Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Drank only liquids Sat and Sun, then had my surgery on Monday.

1 minute ago, Kay07 said:

Depends on what you mean by cleanse. I had to do 48hours of liquid diet only with Milk of Magnesia taken each night. So I took MoM Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Drank only liquids Sat and Sun, then had my surgery on Monday.

I just noticed alot of people here saying they had to do a colon prep the evening before, so i wasnt sure.

Thank you Kim!

1 minute ago, Chrisb428 said:

I just noticed alot of people here saying they had to do a colon prep the evening before, so i wasnt sure.

Ah, no just the Milk of Magnesia for me.

Don't worry, the restriction is there.

I had surgery 1 week ago and thought the same thing when just drinking fluids/protein shakes. When I started with a little yogurt and cream Soup, I could feel the difference. 1 scrambled egg took me an hour to eat and left me full the rest of the night. Fluids can be deceiving, the restriction is there.

Head hunger is just starting, but not too bad.

I had my sleeve done on May 16. It has been hell since I woke up from the surgery. The gas pains are horrible and even though I walked a ton, they didn’t go away. I’m having a hard time getting Water down because it hurts so much when it hits my stomach. I take tiny sips of warm water and just let it trickle down my throat. I’m hoping that things get better for you and me!