Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wrinkled bag stomach

I’m 36 and almost 8 months out at 80 lbs down. I’ve been reading about loose skin from WLS and saw one source that said it takes about 2 years for your skin to go back to “normal.” While I’m grateful for my tool and the weight loss, my wrinkled brown bag stomach looks sad and I’m not crazy about the turkey neck, either. Can anyone 2+ years out confirm if the skin ever tightens up?

There’s no guarantee. It varies with age and genetics. At 50ish... mine required a Tummy Tuck. I can only recommend building up muscles.

30 minutes ago, Bobcats said:

I’m 36 and almost 8 months out at 80 lbs down. I’ve been reading about loose skin from WLS and saw one source that said it takes about 2 years for your skin to go back to “normal.” While I’m grateful for my tool and the weight loss, my wrinkled brown bag stomach looks sad and I’m not crazy about the turkey neck, either. Can anyone 2+ years out confirm if the skin ever tightens up?

It makes sense, because my insurance company will pay for a Pani but only 24 months post op.

At 44 and two plus years out my stomach IS getting better. I did the 100 situps per day challenge last month and that help speed things along. I also make sure I am hydrated with Water and apply lotion to the area and massage my fat at least every other day to break the fascia that adheres it.

Like another poster already said it really depends on age, genetics, how you carried your weight and self-care, so many variables to consider.

On 12/05/2018 at 3:45 AM, Samara1974 said:

At 44 and two plus years out my stomach IS getting better. I did the 100 situps per day challenge last month and that help speed things along. I also make sure I am hydrated with Water and apply lotion to the area and massage my fat at least every other day to break the fascia that adheres it.

Like another poster already said it really depends on age, genetics, how you carried your weight and self-care, so many variables to consider.

Did other people have good results on the challenge? My stomach should be declared natural disaster zone

On 12/05/2018 at 3:45 AM, Samara1974 said:

Did other people have good results on the challenge? My stomach should be declared natural disaster zone

Mine looks a little worse every time I look in the mirror. Also, last weekend I tried on a pair of jeans that fit just fine at the waist when I was standing, but as soon as I sat down, I had two hideous-looking pouches above and below my pants! I'll be curious to see where I'm at come December 2019.

Edited by abefroman329

I'll be 24 months out in August and some days it looks better than others. I can definitely tell a difference when looking what few progressive pictures I have.

I wish I could say mine looked better....while it's definitely not what it once was, it's still a bit saggy....and it's frustrating. I work out a lot and I can see definition every where, but there is always a saggy belly where my 6 pack should be.....sigh....😕

At my age, even before surgery and monsterous weight loss, my g elly looks baggy saggy and draggy. 3 nine pound babies, the slings and arrows of life, and my lower abdominal muscles are chanting "No,Mas No Mas". One day at the gym my trainer/PT told me " set your core before you do this" told him " some worm ate the core out of this old Apple" and he didn't find that the least bit humorous.
Wasn't going to let him pull the joy out of my life parade!📣

05/11/2018 10:45 AM, Samara1974 said:

Oooh tell me more about massaging the fat on your tummy. Benefits? Purpose etc. *Please and thanks in advance!

Sit ups? Rolling? Massaging? Witch craft? Plastics?

What is the best way forward??

The “skin skirt” struggles are real!

I still call it Dunlap Disease, it done laps over into the forbidden zone. Maybe I should lay feet high in the air so everything flops toward my. face? Either that or have an arrow tatooed so future lovers could take the hint?