Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes! There were some downsides today. I had to wait 5 and a half hours to actually get into surgery. But one I was there, ummm I don’t know! I was gone and remember nothing! I was told I woke up almost immediately. I was VERY NAUSEOUS and in great pain. Suzy, my very nice anesthesia nurse immediately gave me something for the nausea and then Demerol (two in a row) for the pain. Then it was off to my room.

My mom met me and helped me out until about 7pm when I told her to head home. She’ll be back around 1 tomorrow to wait for me to be discharged.

At 11 tomorrow morning I have a meeting with the 5 other people who had WLS here today. We can share hints and the nurse coordinator will answer any questions or concerns. It will be nice having other people to bounce ideas off of since I’m definitely not yet all here.

Got dinner of unsweetened tea, Water, Jello and broth. Managed to get 1/2 the broth down in a couple hours and now I’m working on that jello. I’m walking as much as I can, hoping to decrease the crazy gas pain. Right now it’s in my back and I do have a back injury so those 2 bad boys might be working together to cause me agony.

I’ve done 16 laps of my hospital floor since waking up around 3. One lap, one tiny sip of water. Or a tiny bite of jello. Then another lap.

But here’s the best news! My surgery went so smoothly, my surgeon was able to complete it with only 4 incisions instead of 5! I tend to scar easily, so this was great news for me. But I guess to do it he blew extra gas in there so I’m paying for it too.

Hopefully I’ll get a pain med soon and then a able to sleep at least a tiny bit.

See you guys in the morning!

HW: 311

CW: 255

SW: 255

First goal weight: 191 lbs

Second goal weight: 159 lbs

Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. it must feel unreal to finally be on the other side. I’m glad everything went as planned. it must be great to not be hungry anymore after all that preop dieting lol.

Have a fast recovery

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

Happy for you , good luck!

So happy it went well. You are doing great!!! I only got 4 incisions too. Maybe that's why I had so much gas pain and pressure. Did they tell you that? Happy Healing.

So happy it went well. You are doing great!!! I only got 4 incisions too. Maybe that's why I had so much gas pain and pressure. Did they tell you that? Happy Healing.

Yes they did! And that’s what is killing me. The pressure. They say the don’t send you home with pain meds, but I may see if I can get some from my dr. when I talk to him tomorrow. The pain of the gas is unreal! I’ve gotten about 3 hours sleep all told. After the roxicodone things were going well and then they came and woke me up an hour later. For Tylenol! Really?
So now I’m up and hurting and walking again. Sigh. I’m ready to be home with a good lunesta and trazadone and hopefully a couple of continuous hours of sleep.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Update: it seems likely I’ve walked all the co2 from around my stomach out. At this point it’s gas INSIDE the stomach that the problem. I laid on my side in bed for about an hour, trying to massage all the gas in there up and out. Don’t get me wrong, it WAS painful. And I was using the spirometer like crazy trying to expand my lungs back out to fill up that space.
So I just got up to pee (AGAIN) and had the bright idea to just lay tummy down on the bed when I got back. Boom! Burps and a couple farts (sorry [emoji23] ) and now i fell pretty darn good! I’m still laying tummy down while I write this out and I’m still a tad uncomfortable (kind of like when you drink a soda too fast and get that full pain in your upper chest) but SO MUCH BETTER. Hopefully it continues to be a good thing for the next 12 hours.
The only thing not my tummy hurting is my lower back and that’s because of an old injury I reaggrivated a few months ago and normally take muscle relaxers for. Once I’m able to get home and start those again I think everything will be a ok.
Still sipp sipp sipping that water!

Keep you all posted!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I hope that you made it home safely and and are continuing to make progress during your recovery. I took pain meds 4 days home and then didn't need them anymore. I didn't sleep on anything, but my back for the first week. This is Day 11 post op and I have started to lose the bloat. I was bloated and my lower abdomen was sticking out like I was pregnant from all of the gas. It is nice to have only 4 incision though. Hope your back is doing better!

Congratulations! See you over on the post-surgery forum!

Hey when you get over there, remember all of us that ❤ you,back here. We All gonna,miss you, come back,and visit, if for nothing more than to thumb your nose at us all.💦Surgery breaking up that old gang of mine😮

Congratulations! See you over on the post-surgery forum!

Yes you will! :)

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Hey when you get over there, remember all of us that [emoji173] you,back here. We All gonna,miss you, come back,and visit, if for nothing more than to thumb your nose at us all.[emoji97]Surgery breaking up that old gang of mine[emoji50]

You know I won’t forget you! I’ll keep stopping by in here. Hopefully I’ll be able to help answer questions here

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I hope that you made it home safely and and are continuing to make progress during your recovery. I took pain meds 4 days home and then didn't need them anymore. I didn't sleep on anything, but my back for the first week. This is Day 11 post op and I have started to lose the bloat. I was bloated and my lower abdomen was sticking out like I was pregnant from all of the gas. It is nice to have only 4 incision though. Hope your back is doing better!

I did indeed get home safely! And glad to be here. I didn’t even request pain meds to take home. Only the 4 incisions are sore and Tylenol managed that well. My belly is still a little pokey out, but I’m back to my SW as of this morning.
I’m doing well getting liquids in so far. Takes hours to do it and I’m nowhere near the 64oz mark, but I’ve already had an 8oz Protein Shake and am now working on 8 oz of broth. I have had ZERO nausea which was a great surprise! I took off the scop patch last night because it was making me itchy and I was getting seriously dry eyes.
I’m stiff, but not in much pain. I haven’t even taken Tylenol yet today. I will in a bit because as the time has passed and I’ve moved more, those incisions are starting to nag.
Once I get this broth down I’ll have a nap and when it’s cooler out tonight I’ll go on my first little outdoor walk.
So far so good!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m also in NC [emoji846]

Where in NC?