Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my bypass on 4.18 and was planning on returning a week later. Since going home recovery was much more difficult than anticipated and I have a large hard area that is all red where they inserted the staple guns etc. I wish I trusted my gut earlier this week. I’ve been struggling sit to stand, lay to sit, in excruciating pain where I cry every time I get up. Turns out, it wasn’t the gas. And it’s not just scar tissue like the doctors office kept telling me (they also refused to see me for a post op I’ve tried multiple times this week and they kept telling me my symptoms were normal). Tonight the nurse finally called me back and said I should go to my pcp for a post op bc they close at 3 so my husband brought me to the ER and low and behold I have an abdominal abscess! They did blood work, ct and are readmitting me on iv antibiotics. If they have to drain it it will be very painful...IMG_2913.JPG keep me in your prayers

So sorry you have to go thru this. You are in my prayers. Get well soon 😊

Prayers for a speedy recovery [emoji173]️

That's terrible. Hope the antibiotics kick it quickly!

Sorry you are going through this. Your doctor or a nurse in their practice should have seen you from your concerns.

i hope you continue to heal with as little pain as possible. Hang in there and keep us updated!

that is so terrible, they acted like you were imagining that, that is as real as they come. Get well and I hope you start feeling better soon.

1 hour ago, daniellelosing said:

So I had my bypass on 4.18 and was planning on returning a week later. Since going home recovery was much more difficult than anticipated and I have a large hard area that is all red where they inserted the staple guns etc. I wish I trusted my gut earlier this week. I’ve been struggling sit to stand, lay to sit, in excruciating pain where I cry every time I get up. Turns out, it wasn’t the gas. And it’s not just scar tissue like the doctors office kept telling me (they also refused to see me for a post op I’ve tried multiple times this week and they kept telling me my symptoms were normal). Tonight the nurse finally called me back and said I should go to my pcp for a post op bc they close at 3 so my husband brought me to the ER and low and behold I have an abdominal abscess! They did blood work, ct and are readmitting me on iv antibiotics. If they have to drain it it will be very painful...IMG_2913.JPG keep me in your prayers

WOW!!! I am so glad you are getting this taken care of. My hubby also went thru that stuff. He had 5 different strains of infection. He was so sick!! It actully lasted 9 months. His Surgeon kept messing around!! Finally, our PCP called a Dr. here in town and he finally put a Wound Vac in which should of happened way back to the beginning. He almost died from it. It took him down so slow we didn't think he would ever get well!! Keep on top of this please. Listen to your body and never feel like you are a burden. These Dr need to be held accountable. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Keep on keeping on!!

How terrible your surgeon didn’t seem to take your concerns seriously. He should be ashamed of himself.

Hope you heal well and get better soon. Please keep us posted!

WOW!!! I am so glad you are getting this taken care of. My hubby also went thru that stuff. He had 5 different strains of infection. He was so sick!! It actully lasted 9 months. His Surgeon kept messing around!! Finally, our PCP called a Dr. here in town and he finally put a Wound Vac in which should of happened way back to the beginning. He almost died from it. It took him down so slow we didn't think he would ever get well!! Keep on top of this please. Listen to your body and never feel like you are a burden. These Dr need to be held accountable. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Keep on keeping on!!

Did that all happen to your husband after the sleeve?

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

That is horrible I hope no one else on here has to go through that what a sim! It doesnt inspire much confidence in your doctor when they don't even listen and take you seriously. So sad.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh no! I had my sleeve the day before and have good luck so far, except I do have some pretty severe (off and on, mostly at night or with a lot of movement) pain in my lower right belly area, but I think we all have/had that from where they removed our old stomach. I did get annoyed at my first post op visit when that was brushed off as well as my mention of something for the pain. I made it clear i wasn't looking for opiates, just something stronger than Tylenol! Ugh. I hate when they don't listen!

I pray for you to have a speedy and nearly painless recovery! This first month sucks.

Thanks everyone ️ I was readmitted and I am getting several different antibiotics...I have surgery tomorrow to try and drain the abscess it’s the size of two baseballs but after I should feel much better....just want to remind everyone to trust your gut....I was spiking low grade fevers since I went home (a week) but they kept going back down to like 99...however I am consistently taking Percocet they prescribed me which ya Tylenol in it....soooo the fevers were probably higher and I didn’t catch them. I’ll let everyone know how I feel after surgery :)

So sorry you have to go through this!!! I hope your recovery is fast!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app