Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year 5 months after Bypass

I am now at 1 year 5 months after my Gastric Bypass. This journey wasn't easy but I have been at my goal weight 150lbs now for over 5 months (highest weight 287). I'm getting insurance approval for my panniculectomy and breast reconstruction. Then my journey will be complete. I feel amazing!! Still experimenting with most foods and never afraid to try new foods all the time. Posted are my before & after pics. Insurance DOES pay for Panniculetomy & reconstruction breast LIFT (not augmentation) so I am very happy about that!! I didn't read or follow all the diets online. I knew my body and paid attention to how i felt and made my own diets. First 4 months after surgery Yoplait greek 100 Protein yogurt was my best friend and I still eat 3 a day! they are so smooth not gritty like other greek yogurts. I eat everything from Steak to pizza. (just very small amounts chewed VERY well) I have not gained any weight back and am looking forward to my plastic surgery so I can look as good on the outside as I feel on the inside. IF anyone is scared or have any questions about anything feel free to e-mail me sjohnson4021 at yahoo.com

me.JPG

29342308_10156250473320126_7033530979754989356_n.jpg

Edited by sjohn185
misspelled words

Wow this is so helpful. I am so scared about what to eat (my surgery will be in late June) and your post made me feel less stressed. I also love my Greek yogurt and knowing that has worked for you, made me feel a comfort level. I would hope I can so the same as you and continue to enjoy all kinds of food in smaller portions once I am on maintenance.

Great Job!

Wow! Look at you. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Wow! Great succes story!

WOW WOW WOW! You look fantastic!!!!!!!! Congrats on your success. I wish I could get my insurance to cover, and am seriously considering changing jobs so I can have insurance that will pay for the panniculectomy & breast lift. I hope to be in your shoes by the end of my first year or so. I'm almost 4 months post op, and down approx 78.someodd lbs (1/2 way there!), but weightloss has slowed down. I'm aiming for 2lbs a week which seems reasonable to me.

Congratulations! You look amazing and more importantly great that you feel amazing!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 172
5’6”

you look great!!!!

Would you please tell me what insurance you have that will cover your plastic surgery? I am 13 months out and 122 pounds down. I am desperately going to need surgery. You look great but best of all is how you now feel. Keep up the good work. Hope our insurance is the same.

I was also scared and looked up so many different websites of what not to eat etc. but I’m sooooo picky especially with textures of food. Trust me the tools it Greek 100 Protein is the best!!!! They have so many flavors apple pie & stawberry cheesecake were my life savers when I am craving sweets! Lol I buy around 30 a week lol I eat regular food (small amount) then if my stomach feels a little crampy I’ll eat a yogurt afterwards it helps settle it down. Main this to remember is CHEW CHEW CHEw. Fir me I have found no way can I eat lettuce and all my bread has to be very very toasted or I feel it’s clogged! Very important YOU CAN EAT FRENCH FRIES (I eat maybe 6 or 7) or any type of potatoes cause I wasn’t and ended up in the hospital with potassium deficiency and that IV SUCKS!!!!! Burns sooooooooooo bad!!

On 4/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, shelly420 said:

WOW WOW WOW! You look fantastic!!!!!!!! Congrats on your success. I wish I could get my insurance to cover, and am seriously considering changing jobs so I can have insurance that will pay for the panniculectomy & breast lift. I hope to be in your shoes by the end of my first year or so. I'm almost 4 months post op, and down approx 78.someodd lbs (1/2 way there!), but weightloss has slowed down. I'm aiming for 2lbs a week which seems reasonable to me.

I had to wait a year after surgery and be the same weight for 6 months and my gastric surgeon helped. He is actually doing the stomach part and I found a plastic surgeon willing to submit insurance for the breast and he will do it at the same surgery as my stomach so only one hospital stay! You just have to find the right plastic surgeon. I went to 6 before I found one willing to work with insurance

On 5/1/2018 at 10:19 PM, skinnydreamer16 said:

Would you please tell me what insurance you have that will cover your plastic surgery? I am 13 months out and 122 pounds down. I am desperately going to need surgery. You look great but best of all is how you now feel. Keep up the good work. Hope our insurance is the same.

I have BCBS.

I had to wait a year after surgery and be the same weight for 6 months and my gastric surgeon helped. He is actually doing the stomach part and I found a plastic surgeon willing to submit insurance for the breast and he will do it at the same surgery as my stomach so only one hospital stay! You just have to find the right plastic surgeon. I went to 6 before I found one willing to work with insurance

You Go girl!!! You look amazing. Job well done.

Congratulations! You look amazing and sound like you feel wonderful too. Keep us posted about your surgery. Today is my one-year bypass anniversary so I’ll be posting before and after shots and my story too. I also love that yogurt! Keep up the inspiration!