Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my initial consult on Thursday, and my dietician gave me a DietMinder journal that is very detailed. It contains specific instructions to write down every bite, every sip, every morsel. She told me that a lot of her patients in the past were helped by it simply because if they didn’t want to write it down, they didn’t eat it. It’s kind of like pretending your dietician is following you around and HOLY COW. I’ve passed up pizza, cupcakes, and pop just because I’d be so embarrassed to admit to her that I ate that. According to my scale this morning, with a winning combination of Adipex and food journaling, I’m down TEN POUNDS in the just three days. I’m really hoping to smash my 30lb target by my next appointment.

1 hour ago, veronica97 said:

Diet Minder journal - very detailed. specific instructions to write down every bite, every sip

@veronica97

you are off to a great start. you've lost 10 lbs so far. Way to go!! :rolleyes:

keeping track of all the food you eat and drink is helpful, important

The journal your NUT gave you sounds terrific.

good luck with the time ahead of you. jumping threw all the hoops

of insurance - eventually having your sleeve. take care

kathy

That's great!

I log everything into myfitnesspal. I think it's a great tool to keep track of my Protein and calories.

Yay!! Congrats and welcome!

The journal sounds like it's doing a great job so far. Yay you! I def. food journal everyday. :D

[mention=336727]veronica97[/mention]
you are off to a great start. you've lost 10 lbs so far. Way to go!! :rolleyes:
keeping track of all the food you eat and drink is helpful, important
The journal your NUT gave you sounds terrific.
good luck with the time ahead of you. jumping threw all the hoops
of insurance - eventually having your sleeve. take care
kathy

Kathy, I like your substitution of the word “nut” but mine had a band and lost 200 lbs so she’s been there! Makes it much easier to do what she says

14 minutes ago, veronica97 said:

substitution of the word “nut”

@veronica97

NUT is the acronym for the word nutritionist!! when i joined this board, I would see

NUT many times. i didn't know what it meant either. many OP would say someone

was a "nut"? sounded like they were saying someone was crazy LOL :lol:

the fact that your NUT is a WLS "survivor" is wonderful. she understands many

things we all deal with.

good luck

kathy

[mention=336727]veronica97[/mention]
NUT is the acronym for the word nutritionist!! when i joined this board, I would see
NUT many times. i didn't know what it meant either. many OP would say someone
was a "nut"? sounded like they were saying someone was crazy LOL :lol:
the fact that your NUT is a WLS "survivor" is wonderful. she understands many
things we all deal with.
good luck
kathy

Okay, now I get it! Clearly I still have much to learn [emoji23]🤦🏼‍♀️

We all do and you never know where the lesson will turn up. Your discussion of the term,NUT reminded me of something. When. I grew up the term PDQ had to do with how soon you do a task, when I started at WallyWorld I found out for them it is a cardboard storage container of a certain size. There they are used when you have too few of an item to put in the steel storage areas and won't fit out on the sales floor.😉

I haven't felt the need to log anything since surgery, but I am now almost 8 weeks post up and calories are starting to creep up... especially because I've been terrible and having liquid calories and frozen yogurt and slider foods. Today was the first day I felt out of control, and I retroactively logged all of my food: 1500 calories. Yes. Only 8 weeks in. I could sit around and think of myself as a failure or I could just pick myself up and realize that I don't have the insane restriction I had anymore and that food choices DO matter. Coincidentally, it is my lowest Protein % day. I am going to adhere to that protein first rule from now on. Despite being at a 500 calorie deficit I feel terrible. It feels even more terrible than my 4000 calorie binges back in the day.

I agree that journaling is critical to success -- it teaches us how to build balanced food nutrition days. Get a few favorite meas and days under your belt, and it becomes easier. After all, we are creatures of habit!

I agree that journaling is critical to success -- it teaches us how to build balanced food nutrition days. Get a few favorite meas and days under your belt, and it becomes easier. After all, we are creatures of habit!

They say it takes 21 days for form a habit, that’s what I’m striving for!