Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had the endoscopy done today. Easy Peasy! They did find a hiatal hurnia so I suppose that will take care of that during surgery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

So I had the endoscopy done today. Easy Peasy! They did find a hiatal hurnia so I suppose that will take care of that during surgery.

My CT report shows one on me. They are quite common and sometimes they leave them alone. They are known for causing heart burn. This whole endoscopy is driving me nuts I am afraid what they might find in mine do to crohns but positive thinking. But sometimes they fix the hernia and sometimes they let them be expessially if ur not symptomatic.

My CT report shows one on me. They are quite common and sometimes they leave them alone. They are known for causing heart burn. This whole endoscopy is driving me nuts I am afraid what they might find in mine do to crohns but positive thinking. But sometimes they fix the hernia and sometimes they let them be expessially if ur not symptomatic.

I have gerd so hoping they fix it. But the endoscopy itself was really easy. Good luck with yours!

I have gerd so hoping they fix it. But the endoscopy itself was really easy. Good luck with yours!

According to my CT report so do i that is what a hiatal hernia is. But depending on size and surgeon depends on if they fix it. This is so why I don’t understand why I need an endoscopy because I have had the pill cam, barium CT scan, barium X-ray they have all the info they need I feel like they are trying to make money off of it. My hernia is not big very small and weight lost and Protein pump inhibitors is general how I fix them. The studies show there is no difference in acid reflux if it is fixed or not. So it depends on the size of urs and your surgeon. Mine won’t touch mine said there is no reason to it is not large and weight loss will fix the symptoms. Most over weight people have a hiatal hernia. I try not to have to much done if my body can fix itself. I work for pain management and I see more issues with nerve impingements from surgeries and scar tissue pain. I rather deal with reflux then possibly pain lol. I already live with chronic pain in my lower abdomen and I run the risk know in upper. Lol.

Is endoscopy worst that gastroscopy? Because I'm hoping to do a gastroscopy fully awake, I HATE needles, so I'm trying to avoid them....!!

Thank you for the info on the endoscopy....I too feel much better. I won't get mine until the summer however I am a lot less worried about it now!

37 minutes ago, LBmom said:

Thank you for the info on the endoscopy....I too feel much better. I won't get mine until the summer however I am a lot less worried about it now!

I was really worried not knowing what to expect but I swear it was so easy. My throat was a tiny bit sore afterwards but after not eating nor drinking for awhile we went to lunch afterwards and I was still able to eat a good meal with no trouble at all.

I was put to sleep and before i knew it was waking up with everything all done. I didn't fell anything! So no worries:)

I’m late to this party but they had me change into a hospital gown and put on a cap. They put in an iv and took my blood pressure a few times. Then they rolled me down to the room for the procedure. We were talking and laughing and then they told me to bite down on the mouth guard. I remember nothing after that. They were saying “time to wake up” and I was confused. Had no idea they had done anything, lol. Oh and prior to getting into the hospital gown they made me do a pregnancy test. That was my experience, lol

Ugh, I hate doing the pregnancy test beforehand. I have shy bladder and trying to pee on command just makes everything freeze up lol. And you can't just drink a bunch that morning either.

I've had two EGDs at different hospitals and one let me keep my underwear under the hospital gown and the other one didn't. I did wake up part way through the second one. That was not pleasant lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app