Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not going to lie I feel like a failure I cheated a little on this after surgery diet it's week 4 and I had something. Please don't shame me in these comments I was doing so well. I'm scared now like what if I have a leak or something!!! What should I do? Is one thing going to hurt me? It's been hard because I've been throwing up the shakes and the Soups. I just threw up what I had too.

You probably haven’t sprung a leak, but if your continuously vomiting you should call your doctor.

As above don't berate yourself about the bad for, but please, please talk with your doctor if you are throwing up even with fluids. Fluids should be going down fine at this point and vomiting is something you need to avoid so soon after surgery. You might only need some IV fluids and a check that you don't have a stricture/narrowing causing the vomiting.

Don’t sweat it, just don’t make it a habit. It’s a slippery slope and all.
As an aside- call your Dr about the vomiting - that doesn’t sound right and there could be something wrong
Feel better!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 175
5’6”

9 hours ago, NewYearNewMe2018 said:

I'm not going to lie I feel like a failure I cheated a little on this after surgery diet it's week 4 and I had something. Please don't shame me in these comments I was doing so well. I'm scared now like what if I have a leak or something!!! What should I do? Is one thing going to hurt me? It's been hard because I've been throwing up the shakes and the Soups. I just threw up what I had too.

No shame whatsoever. We're human and make mistakes. Now that much said, you need to contact your doctor about the vomitting because, my guess is, you're severely dehydrated.

I understand feeling like a failure. I’m almost 5 weeks post op. I don’t know what happened to me yesterday but something in my mind said “today I’m not gonna worry about logging food or watching portions”. I didn’t get sick and I ate approved foods but I ate instead of drinking my Water, and I drank water while I was eating. I was so depressed yesterday because I knew I was screwing up and I didn’t care enough to stop. I’m scared. Im going to pray this morning for help to get back on track.

I hope you are doing okay. We should be supporting each other.

People dont fail, they give up. Don't give up, don't mentally beat yourself up, don't feel the struggle is worthless. You are good, you have straights you havent6 even tapped yet, you will still make it. There is no TRY, just committ the willpower you have underneath v to make a success. But first things first, you HAVE to get fluids back into you. Even if you can't drink and keep them down , you need fluids. You will,need an IV perhaps to replace what you have lost before you get any more dehydrated. But don't just there listening to me rant,go to the nearest hospital. Your life and health and you yourself are worth more than that! Please child, GO!😖

I relied heavily on the chewable nausea medication to consume food without up chucking it and slowed my pace of consumption down significantly to overcome this horrible feeling. I have the same advice others have given you, I highly recommend you consult with your physician sooner than later, especially if you can not hold any food or liquid down, so they can pinpoint the issue.