Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise tips

What are some exercises you guys have been doing? I’m 4 months post op gastric sleeve and I got cleared for kick boxing and have been doing it twice a week for two weeks now but I’d like to add more workouts to my routine

Sleeved 2 months ago, and I hope to participate in GoRuck obstacle course this year. It's a military styles "obstacle" course off activities, not exactly like a Spartan.< br>
The principle thing in a GoRuck event, is to "ruck," and in military lingo that is carry your gear. So they require you for the entire length of event, to carry a backpack with a 10-20 lb weight in it in addition to any Water or supplies.

So that is what I am working to. Right now, just 5lbs for my 1-2 mile walks. Need to get it to 20lb for 10 mile walks.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been doing time on an ARC training, treadmill, bike, and lots of weight lifting.

I like a well-rounded fitness program so I run, do strength training and hiits/bootcamp type of training,

Running for cardio, yoga for strength and flexibility (mostly Vinyasa and Asthanga)

I do full body workouts 3-4x a week, which include a lot of compound movements, HIIT type of workouts and occasional yoga.

I also do a lot of core work, my go-to's now are reverse crunches, push ups, low planks to high planks, renegade rows w/pushups, back extensions with weights, Russian twists, etc.

Then, of course, lots of squats. I alternate with sumo squats (on two platforms with 60 lb kettlebell), goblet squats with weights, split squats.

And of course deadlifhts - both standard and single leg.

1 hour ago, Numbheart said:

Whats the best for tummy and back fats?

You cannot spot train - it just doesn't work. Not knowing where you are or your fitness level, consider working with a personal trainer for a session or two to get a program that suits what you can do. I'm down 110-120 pounds and I still have tummy and back fat. That said, I can also hold a low plank for 3 minutes and a side plank for 1.5 minutes. I can deadlift and back squat more than I weigh. But I still have fat hanging over my bra. Unless I have plastics, that's not going to change. I'm working on replacing fat with muscle and now have my body fat at around 31% headed to 28%.

I wish spot training was a thing.....i exercised my butt right off but still have a jiggly flap of a belly....

I workout every day....different muscle groups for each day....

Love lifting weights, so that is the majority of my workout but my warm up is a mile on the treadmill....

On the weekends get up early, work out pack a lunch and do some biking....

When i first started working out i did the insanity program a few times...that will definitely give a good kick start to any routine!

I e started swimming. I actually have a coach and am learning the correct form. It is using every muscle in my body and has finally gotten me out of a long plateau. I highly suggest it. iWork out hard without the pain and it’s helping my arthritis.