3 Week Post-op Plateau?

Ok guys, what the heck am I doing wrong? I'm about 3 weeks post-op DS and, up until about 5 days ago, I was doing great. At my first check up I'd lost 30 lbs. Now the scale hasn't budged for five days and I can't see a reason. (Are you even supposed to reach "plateaus" at this point?) I haven't been overeating; I think I'm getting enough Fluid and I'm walking up and down the halls of (snowbound) house. Has anyone else been through this kind of thing?

thanks for listening

Edited by GenJones
  • Like 1

Don't worry. This, too, shall pass:) Just keep steady and try not to obsess.

Stalls happen to just about all of us. My NUT suggests to evaluate things (cals Water Fiber proteins) only if they last longer than a three weeks ...

Edited by Tealael

That’s normal and normal to hv another plateau about 6 weeks. My weight didn’t move for 6 weeks

I had what I thought was a stall at three weeks too. The scale didn't budge until the end of the week, and I was weighing daily. So, it's pretty normal for the body to take a little breather at three weeks post-op. I'm seven months post-op and just broke a stall I've had since Christmas. It feels so good to see the scale moving again. It's interesting to see how the brain and stomach work together, i.e., the effects of stress.

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences. I almost feel normal now!

Ok guys, what the heck am I doing wrong? I'm about 3 weeks post-op DS and, up until about 5 days ago, I was doing great. At my first check up I'd lost 30 lbs. Now the scale hasn't budged for five days and I can't see a reason. (Are you even supposed to reach "plateaus" at this point?) I haven't been overeating; I think I'm getting enough Fluid and I'm walking up and down the halls of (snowbound) house. Has anyone else been through this kind of thing?
thanks for listening

I am at the 3 week mark and have reached a stall. Makes me so depressed

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes totally normal and it will happen again at about 6-8 weeks