Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long do I have to wait for Caffeine???

I’m 6 weeks post-op and I’m always tireddd and sleepy. I need my caffeine to get me thru 8 am 4 hour lectures😩😩 how much longer do i need to wait?? Please help

I was allowed coffee straight away, I had one in hospital the day after surgery.

Everyone's Doctor is different, I've read posts on here that some had to wait 6 months for a coffee.

I'm glad I could have one straight away, I couldn't get through work without it!

Probably best you check with your Doctor.

Good luck :)

I wasnt given any restrictions regarding coffee, I had it within a couple of day of operation and its never been an issue

We were allowed 1 cup of caffeine as soon as we were getting 64oz of noncaffeinated Fluid on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Frannt said:

I’m 6 weeks post-op and I’m always tireddd and sleepy. I need my caffeine to get me thru 8 am 4 hour lectures😩😩 how much longer do i need to wait?? Please help

I was told that I must give up caffeinated beverages altogether. I am fine with that because I could always take them or leave them. It must be difficult for people who have the caffeine and nicotine addictions.

Your fatigue might have more to do with not eating enough. Consider consuming a couple hundred extra sensible calories each day. food for thought...literally. LOL:)

Edited by Creekimp13

1 hour ago, kakatlady612 said:

Don't you feel Elise it made you feel more at home in this brave new world? Good for the ego as long as you don't get erpies or all out pukies from it. Remember your tummy is running the show for a while. Best wishes from ME!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

The coffee made me feel better all over. And, I didn’t get the least bit sick from it. I could only drink about a half a cup, but it did help me feel better in many ways.

Edited by Elise24

Has anyone tried the Starbucks espresso with their Protein mixed in ? Is that too much caffeine ?

LOL, I get sick from Starbucks now and I have not even gone through RNY just yet. Imagine how sick I'll get post-op if I touch Starbucks. Their coffee is WAY too strong. I like Wawa and Dunkin Donuts. Much more manageable.

On 1/7/2018 at 1:31 AM, Frannt said:

It was tough for me as well. Honestly I was more run down from lack of food and still healing. I was a caffeine junky prior to surgery. I did decaff starting out just so I could have my coffee fix. Eventually I started adding in regular coffee. Caffeine hits me harder now and I can get some really unpleasant jitters from time to time. When you do start drinking coffee again I do recommend easing into it. Try decaff first to see if having coffee at all bothers you. Then try doing a mix (like 75% decaff and 25% caff). Everybody seems to be different with it.

I have a nasty virus, after 3 weeks of nasal dripping(honestly thought it was from dusty furnace registers) New Years Eve it moved into my throat and chest. The only thing that helps me regain my voice in the morning is coffee, I'm violently allergic to chocolate so sugar free cocoa is not an option. I'm going to start mixing with Decaf, maybe 75-25 this week, 50-50 next week then 25-75 after that. I'm gonna go with sugar free Creamer and,if I need sweetening it will,be stevia or Monkfruit. You ever see the Mucinex commercial where the blob settles back in a recliner? That's virus and bacteria in my lungs. I've had the Prevnar 13 and the other pneumonia shot so it shouldn't be one of the usual bacterial ones. So I'm waiting for the bug to die in me, rooting for my white blood cells to win this battle. They say Hey we're 72 just like you, we'll get to it when we've got time. In the meantime my nose drips, I cough my dry cough and do a lot of gesturing when my voice fails me. Ah this too will pass, just not soon enough for my taste.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I didn’t wait and had coffee 2 days after surgery and every day thereafter. Not advising you do this but I was fine. Had a latte this morning after 12/28 sleeve.