Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question About Muscle Relaxers

Does anyone know if it's safe to take a muscle relaxer? I've had Gastric Bypass and I'm close to being 8 months out from surgery. Is it an NSAID or something completely different or do I just have to stick with taking Tylenol for the rest of my life when Tylenol does absolutely nothing?

The reason I'm asking is because I have really bad chronic Migraines and sometimes I can't even do anything about them until I see my neurologist for a botox injection which is every three months. Sometimes I can make the appointment and when I can't, I have to wait an extra month on top of what I was already waiting and the pills I'm taking that I was prescribed kind of acts like the Tylenol now so... I don't know. Kind of running out of options with pills because every other pill I've tried for migraines failed and yeah, my neurologist knows.

The only thing I know that does work is the muscle relaxers but the last time I took one was before I had my surgery.... Only thing is that those things knock me out fast. If you know any Vitamins that help with migraines, I'm open to trying those too... I just only do gummies. I don't like chewables...

Hw-273

Sw-226

CW-147

GW-130

Size- 4 or 6, Small in sweats. Medium in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.

Bra Size- 38D

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017

RNY

"Only those who try will become" FFX

After my RNY gastric bypass surgery, my surgeon identified a list of Vitamins to take for the rest of my life. I was told to avoid gummy vitamins because they are not absorbed properly.

8 hours ago, Myaiku_Kuraitani said:

Does anyone know if it's safe to take a muscle relaxer? I've had Gastric Bypass and I'm close to being 8 months out from surgery. Is it an NSAID or something completely different or do I just have to stick with taking Tylenol for the rest of my life when Tylenol does absolutely nothing?

The reason I'm asking is because I have really bad chronic Migraines and sometimes I can't even do anything about them until I see my neurologist for a botox injection which is every three months. Sometimes I can make the appointment and when I can't, I have to wait an extra month on top of what I was already waiting and the pills I'm taking that I was prescribed kind of acts like the Tylenol now so... I don't know. Kind of running out of options with pills because every other pill I've tried for Migraines failed and yeah, my neurologist knows.

The only thing I know that does work is the muscle relaxers but the last time I took one was before I had my surgery.... Only thing is that those things knock me out fast. If you know any Vitamins that help with migraines, I'm open to trying those too... I just only do gummies. I don't like chewables...

Hw-273

Sw-226

CW-147

GW-130

Size- 4 or 6, Small in sweats. Medium in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.

Bra Size- 38D

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017

RNY

"Only those who try will become" FFX

i take muscle relaxers when i have a lot of pain . i tend to sit a long time at work and the posture really affects the back/neck. i take ibuprofen. my dr said on occasion it is fine to take 2. depending on how bad a sneak a third. im still abig girl so its more effective. tylenol arthritis is another good one it is much stronger than the extra strength. all permissive buy my dr.