Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't, but I have seen some people report they get a 'shot' or two in a large cup, then top it off with a Premier Protein shake.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Does your plan allow coffee? Mine did. Skip the premade drinks and add your own cream so you can control and track the amount. You can add no calorie sweeteners too.

1 hour ago, Mytimenow17 said:

Has anyone tried a Starbucks drink in the first 2 phases after surgery? If so, what have you tried?

green tee lemonade unsweetened with splenda. cinnamon dulce latte w/skim no sugar and splenda

I had a Decaf latte made with low fat milk. Figured I'd get a little Protein in with my coffee. I was about 4 weeks out when I had one. Took me a long time to get through it. I've been trying to incorporate more milk for both the Calcium and protein. I knew I could stomach the milk bc I've been having my bariatric hot chocolate made with milk for the added benefits.

Sleeved 8/7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 222 @ 7 weeks post op 5'7" GW: 150

I would stick to cold brew or espresso since most things are starbucks are high acid because of their roasting process. Like @jess9395 said, add your own cream, bring your own sweetner.

I go to Starbucks maybe once a week now sometimes more, depending on my schedule. Early on, I avoided fast food and resturants as much as possible for the first 6 months to break habits.

As a rule, I'd probably avoid anything at starbucks, as they're probably INCREDIBLY high in sugar. I tried a thai iced tea at one point and...well....had to change my pants. Trust me, that sugar can be a really bad shock to your system, don't risk it.

green tee lemonade unsweetened with splenda. cinnamon dulce latte w/skim no sugar and splenda

Doesn't the lemonade base have added sugar? That's what they told me.

No it's unsweetened...if u don't specify they will put the classic syrup...I'm diabetic so I double and triple checked lol

Yes it does. Sugar is the 3rd ingredient in the lemonade base.

starbucks-premium-lemonade-48-oz_1_35160

Never trust what they tell you has sugar and doesn't. Make them show you the packaging. If you can't make out the lettering above the ingredients are Water, lemon juice, sugar.

Another Image

KqsaBOK.jpg

Seriously the only thing safe is black coffee/espresso. Bring a scale and add your own cream. That is the only way to control the calories. If you aren't willing to do that, don't have starbucks. Everything has hidden sugar, even trace amounts.

I had flat whites most of the time now, but I have the calories and carbs to spare. You don't have that kind wiggle room in the early losing phase.

Don't blow your reset time on Starbucks, they will still be around in a year.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Yes it does. Sugar is the 3rd ingredient in the lemonade base.
starbucks-premium-lemonade-48-oz_1_3516090e0d810364686c187df0521238.jpg
Never trust what they tell you has sugar and doesn't. Make them show you the packaging. If you can't make out the lettering above the ingredients are Water, lemon juice, sugar.
Another Image
KqsaBOK.jpg

Seriously the only thing safe is black coffee/espresso. Bring a scale and add your own cream. That is the only way to control the calories. If you aren't willing to do that, don't have starbucks. Everything has hidden sugar, even trace amounts.
I had flat whites most of the time now, but I have the calories and carbs to spare. You don't have that kind wiggle room in the early losing phase.
Don't blow your reset time on Starbucks, they will still be around in a year.

Wow I'm floored that they would lie like that...i really appreciate u showing the package...as a diabetic that could be lethal...I'm done with Starbucks [emoji36][emoji35][emoji34]

Wow I'm floored that they would lie like that...i really appreciate u showing the package...as a diabetic that could be lethal...I'm done with Starbucks [emoji36][emoji35][emoji34]

Yeah there are a lot of kids who work there who just don't care. Some baristas are great, some not so much. The Starbucks app is a good place to check as well. I find it much more accurate!

Usually, I order a latte with a sugar free Syrup (of which they have quite a few) and skim milk. My goto is sugar free vanilla latte with skim - hot or iced. I have been known in the morning to get two shots of espresso in a large cold cup with ice and then I pour in a caramel Premier Protein pre-mixed shake. (That's a go to Breakfast when I'm out of town and on the road. You can do that with the chocolate or vanilla premix as well.)

The coconut milk and almond milk they use is sweetened, so I just stick with skim.

Passion tango ice tea unsweetened. Was my friend for weeks.

Quad shot over ice in venti cup with extra ice and add caramel Premier Protein

Michelle Post op revision band to bypass
9-28-17
Sw 276
Day of surgery 252
Cw 248
Goal Healthy BMI 154.