Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 months P.O - CALORIE COUNTING???

Hi all! I'm new here so firstly hello :)

Secondly, I had gastric sleeve surgery on October 24th 2016.

I am currently 79kgs and hoping I can get to my goal weight of 65kgs through healthy eating, exercise and utilising the sleeve.

I was just wondering, for people who are almost 1 year PO, how much are you eating calorie wise and how much can you eat?

I am so trying my hardest to eat no more than 1200cals per day, but sometimes I think I can eat more :/

After researching online, all of the WLS forums seem to stick by 1100 calories MAXIMUM for WLS patients trying to lose weight.

I just need some help here ... this seems like such a small amount? Considering we're meant to eat such high Protein foods!

A little bit of background, I'm 163cms and have lost 53kgs since my surgery. I try and exercise atleast 2 times a week and the only food I struggle with is chicken!

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Hello!! I had my surgery the same day! I do count calories and I haven't stopped at all. Currently I'm at 1400-1600I recently had to bump it up because I workout so much and wasn't getting results. No weight loss or significant muscle gains. I'm happy to report the scale is going down again and I have more energy during the day. I'm currently 146.7 lbs and my goal is 130. [emoji4] hope this helps you..... I'm also a vegetarian.

I had my one year post op surgery. My surgeon is awesome and said to keep a 500 mark between calorie in and calorie out. I use my fitness app to track all of it. My food intake ranges on 550 to 1200 daily. If I workout intensely I can eat and drink more. As long as we keep a difference of 500 we will lose.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello!! I had my surgery the same day! I do count calories and I haven't stopped at all. Currently I'm at 1400-1600I recently had to bump it up because I workout so much and wasn't getting results. No weight loss or significant muscle gains. I'm happy to report the scale is going down again and I have more energy during the day. I'm currently 146.7 lbs and my goal is 130. [emoji4] hope this helps you..... I'm also a vegetarian.

Hello! Thanks for your response :) yay for us having the same surgery date!
Just to clarify, are you eating 1400cals a day? And how much are you exercising? I'm exercising 1 hour 3 times a week and trying to eat 1200 cals a day.
My weight loss has slowed down :( so I'm wondering what / if I'm doing something wrong!

I had my one year post op surgery. My surgeon is awesome and said to keep a 500 mark between calorie in and calorie out. I use my fitness app to track all of it. My food intake ranges on 550 to 1200 daily. If I workout intensely I can eat and drink more. As long as we keep a difference of 500 we will lose.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for your response :) I definitely eat more than 500 calories lol
I am eating 1200 calories a day, maybe sometimes 1300.
I am trying to exercise 3 times a week, for 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. Not including walking around my office to and from work. My weight loss has slowed down, I've still got 14kgs to get to my goal weight and I'm wondering if it's possible.
I also think I'm not drinking enough Water, how much water are you drinking a day?

Hello! Thanks for your response [emoji4] yay for us having the same surgery date!
Just to clarify, are you eating 1400cals a day? And how much are you exercising? I'm exercising 1 hour 3 times a week and trying to eat 1200 cals a day.
My weight loss has slowed down [emoji20] so I'm wondering what / if I'm doing something wrong!

1400 calories yes. I workout 5 days ( running at least between 5-10K) weight training 3 days/week. On my other 2 days I still walk to hit my step goal but I'm not pushing myself. I track on myfitnesspal and use Fitbit to track my exercise.