Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling sick/stuck after eating

I've been banded since 2008 but haven't been adjusted for approx. 7 years or so. Lately, after eating anything even drinking I am getting the sensation that I want to throw up and lots of gurgling and just feeling plain miserable. I also experience reflux at night which I had not in years. Has anyone else experience this and have you been seen for it? If, so what was the cause?

On 6/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, health4life said:

I've been banded since 2008 but haven't been adjusted for approx. 7 years or so. Lately, after eating anything even drinking I am getting the sensation that I want to throw up and lots of gurgling and just feeling plain miserable. I also experience reflux at night which I had not in years. Has anyone else experience this and have you been seen for it? If, so what was the cause?

Like you I've been banded since 2009 and have not had an adjustment since 2011. All was fine up until about a year ago when I started having the same issues as you. It got to the point where I had the ability to force whatever I had eaten back up. The worst of it was sleeping at night where 5 out of 7 nights I would wake up with a mouth full of awfulness that had me coughing and choking. It was miserable and the only remedy was to have the band drained several weeks ago whereafter there was little issue.

I met with a surgeon, had several tests, and finally decided to have the band removed - which was done this past Monday. Even after only a few days I am a new man. No more reflux, no more stuck issues, no more throwing up.

This was my only solution and I no longer worry about what was happening inside me and the ongoing fear that I was causing irreversible damage to myself.

Same symptoms and today I got a CT scan and I now develop a HH. Not sure what is next but I will let you know.
Good luck with your new adventure

Tamie
256/150

I, too, am having the same problem. I go for an upper GI endoscopic procedure tomorrow morning. I just finished paying off the band procedure and am not liking the idea that it may have to be removed!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches