Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, now what's going on????

I am 10 days post op. Since Sunday night a week ago I have felt great. So much so I wanted to get outside and sweep and wash the porch but DH wouldn't let me. He reminded me I'm still healing even though I feel like going full blast. Well........today I fell like crap! I feel sluggish, extremely tired, so much so I can barely drag my ass through my work day, and I am cold. I do feel warm to my touch but what is really killing me is my back! My upper back, between the shoulder blades has just is just about to drive me crazy, not as bad as the gas but pert near it.

What beats the deal??? I feel awesome for 6 days and then this.

Is this normal or have I caught an infection of some kind? All my incisions look and feel fantastic, no problems there so I don't understand why I feel like utter crap today. Need my bandster brigades sage opinions!

Thanks

I am sick! Fever/chills, temp 99.8 which is high for me since I always run a low grade temp of 97.2. I don't know if this is band realated or if I picked up a bug somewhere. Either way I feel like I've been run over by mack truck. DH says I'm dehydrated but you don't get a fever with dehydration. Puzzled and feeling like crap.

I had some of the same symptoms as you did-I think it was lack of protein-make sure you are getting it all in-even though it is hard especially when you are not feeling good

I am 10 days post op. Since Sunday night a week ago I have felt great. So much so I wanted to get outside and sweep and wash the porch but DH wouldn't let me. He reminded me I'm still healing even though I feel like going full blast. Well........today I fell like crap! I feel sluggish, extremely tired, so much so I can barely drag my ass through my work day, and I am cold. I do feel warm to my touch but what is really killing me is my back! My upper back, between the shoulder blades has just is just about to drive me crazy, not as bad as the gas but pert near it.

What beats the deal??? I feel awesome for 6 days and then this.

Is this normal or have I caught an infection of some kind? All my incisions look and feel fantastic, no problems there so I don't understand why I feel like utter crap today. Need my bandster brigades sage opinions!

Thanks

I also did what you are doing. I had to go back in hospital the following week after surgery for dehydration. I did develop a low grade fever. Dr says that is a symtom of dehydration.

Thank you for your posts. My fever actually went up to 101.8 at it's highest. My DH said most likely I was dehydrated. I called my nurse friend who is also banded and she also works for my PCP and she said they had these types of symptoms in the office all day long and all last week. She said there was a 'bug' of some kind going around with just the symptoms of a high fever, no vomiting or diarrhea, thank God! I thought maybe I had flipped my port or something, but I did sip,sip sip last night to try and re-hydrate. I took liquid tylenol last night and that helped a great deal. I am staying home from work today, 1st time calling in sick in 10 years, bummer, but temp was still 99.4 this am. I don't want to infect anyone else with this and I really do not feel like working. The nurse said my resistance is at a low right now because of the surgery and I was prone to catching things till I built it back up???? I guess? I know I have never had a fever that high before.

I do have one odd feeling though, whenever I take a deep breath I feel an odd 'pain' for the lack of a better description in my left side right about where the band would be. Anyone else have this strange feeling. I worry all the time about flipping my port or doing something to cause my band to slip and since I feel it inside where my stomach is I worry. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

I have not been sick but have had the pain in the upper back between the shoulder blades. It's driving me nuts! For me, it's worse than the gas ever thought about being.