Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates

Congrats, Phil! Sounds like you're doing pretty good. I would say, though, that if it were me, in spite of what the doctor said, I would NOT eat solid foods for at least two weeks. The point of that is that your stomach has to "work" at food by churning...muscle contractions around the stomach. The harder your stomach has to work, the more likely it'll be for the stitches holding your band in place to tear and possibly cause slippage. Drinking liquids makes this less likely to happen because your stomach doesn't have to work as hard.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/liquid-stage-recipes-17636/index12.html#post592236

Of course, I'm not your doctor, but I would choose to be on the safe side, if it were me, and err on the side of caution.

Ann: *hugs* You'll do great! I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts tomorrow!

Thanks Stephanie for a good tip. Makes perfect sense. I'm very cautious and am sticking to Soup in the immediate term. Back at work today, Tuesday (Surgery Sunday, recuperated Monday) and feeling somewhat tender but quite able to work effectively. Appreciate the support and best wishes from everyone in the group. Cheers Phil.

In 24 hours, I'll be on my way to surgery and celebrating my rebirthday!! I'm excited, but also feel like I could puke right now. Guess the nerves are starting to creep in :D

1st

PattyPoo

Nessa3678

brandymom1234

Mom_of_Chuy

sanderro

Holiwood

Longhorn

Forestcat

Rhea

Sades

2nd

lizzie_07

lindata

KristinaDawnB

lindseyann2u

sconie

pam726

4th

QatarPhil

5th

DLW

Hungryforchange

wnt2lose

jelbel

6th

Wishes4444(Ann)

Diva Inside

ndmom

kandiceb

jetti

vanessav

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

shadst83

Cota129

Imonmyway7368

MyLady

8th

anw5102

dawndannae

stranger138

needto

ebrow39

Bandstertobe

zippykat

QUEENMOTHEROF1

9th

Banded4Life

neen7171

maccy

mariaxoxo4u

Kristin1031

Carsons mommy

10th

Selisejohnson

omlagirl

jen6740

12th

jrsyshoregrl684

suebob

Shalee04

13th

CCFRA

Princessannod1

Tralynn222

sschude

14th

lightenup!

dream'n2bthin

15th

steph_cn

RxTracy

Hopping to It- Danna

sunshiny

Tete2

16th

Laurieu

19th

Mrs Smartypants

20th

Skinny_Jill

blondecz (Crissy)

22nd

luvmy4boys

26th

kuchiegrl1

Tishbite2

27th

731Shawty

Cherlita

Julie-Ann

plump_princess

28th

lukin

puppy

29th

Sassafras

I received my approval letter from United Healthcare, so I am definitely a go for launch on Nov 27th. I have never been so excited at the prospect of surgery. :D I am so looking forward to a new, thinner life.

Have a Great Week Everyone!

Cherlita

I received my approval letter from United Healthcare, so I am definitely a go for launch on Nov 27th. I have never been so excited at the prospect of surgery. :D I am so looking forward to a new, thinner life.

Have a Great Week Everyone!

Cherlita

YAY, CHERLITA!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations!!! :whoo: I'm so excited for you!!

Good luck Renee, you'll be in and out before you know it ! :whoo::whoo:

Congratulations on your date Cherlita ! :clap2: :clap2:

Well everybody I am in Mexico, Monterrey, waiting for my surgery it is the day after tomorrow! And I am just ready to get it over with!!! I am so sick of not chewing something!! Well I hope everyone is doing good! and good luck with your up coming dates and ones that have passed keep your chin up!!

:clap2: Nov 1st San Francsico Ca UCSF

te=hungryforchange;582703]I compiled a list of surgery dates that have been posted.

Please post any changes to your date or when you get your date scheduled and I'll add it to the list.

Yay for the November Bandsters!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: (do we have a cute name yet?)

1st

PattyPoo

Nessa3678

brandymom1234

Mom_of_Chuy

2nd

lizzie_07

5th

DLW

Hungryforchange

6th

ndmom

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

8th

anw5102

9th

Banded4Life

neen7171

maccy

10th

Selisejohnson

omlagirl

12th

jrsyshoregrl684

29th

Sassafras

Where are my fellow sevens??????

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

shadst83

Cota129

Imonmyway7368

MyLady

24 hours to go ... :faint:

Shadsta83....here I am :confused:!! How are you doing tonight? I'm pretty good. A little bitchy and snappy, and my hands and feet are freezing....a sure sign for me that I'm nervous! My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am, I need to be there by 6:faint: Good luck to you tomorrow!

Girl I'm sitting here sucking down my last b4 the band shake. I've been running around this evening and I've finally taken time out to "eat". It's good that I've been busy, though because I'm exhausted and I think I'll sleep well tonight. I have to be there at 7am for surgery at 9. Hopefully I'll feel well enough tomorrow to report back tomorrow. Good luck back atcha!!!! :confused:

hello Nov bandsters! Did we ever decide on a name so that we can start a new thread and keep in touch? I can't wait for tomorrow...B-day is finally here.

Way to go all that are through their operations and good luck to the ones coming up...:whoo: