Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 lbs in under a month is a lot for anyone. Try on some clothes, you'll see the difference.

Average weight loss for females is about 15lbs the first month, 10lbs a month for the next 5, and tapering down from there. You are doing great!

Also the amount of weight loss pre op is a factor. You won't drop as much initially post op if you already dropped the Water weight pre op.

9 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

Thanks, I guess I was thrown off by people reporting a 20 or 25 pound weight loss the first month

Do not pay attention to what other people say. A lot of people drop a ton the first month because they are not eating at all. Later on they stall out. A lot of those people that drop a lot at first never get to goal because they torch their metabolism in the very beginning.

Hit your Protein goals, keep your carbs low, get you calories up and don't pay attention to what other people are reporting.

14 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

I had bypass on March 13… Started out at 232 and now at 215 so 17 pounds lost… Does that seem low to anybody? I have been having issues with Constipation so maybe that explains the low weight loss. I would appreciate any words of encouragement or advice.

I don't think that sounds low at all. Your start weight is much lower than a lot of us on here. So typically you won't lose as much as those who started out at a much higher weight. 17 pounds in less than a month is great!!! Constipation is a bummer. I definitely had major issues with it when I first started out. I still have some, but its not near as bad now. I use ClearLax (similar to Miralax but cheaper and it seems to work better for me). I got it off of Amazon. You are doing great, so try not to get discouraged.

I lost 30 the first month (i thought it was bad) but my surgeon told me i was ahead of where i needed to be. you seem perfectly normal. i also didn't do good on the 2 weeks pre up diet , i cheated so much, so maybe it was due to Water weight that i lost so much

12 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

Thanks, I guess I was thrown off by people reporting a 20 or 25 pound weight loss the first month

Everyone 's body is different and I think it also depends on how big you were when you started. I wouldn't want to lose a ton of weight fast anyway. I think you are on the right track ;)