Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best friend totally unsupportive.

No way friend of no friend u got to stand up for urself that was RUDE she dident even say some thing like "im concern i dont want anything to happen to u" she is clearly routing for u to fail i dont no ur relationship but from what u showed she is not a friend u dont need people like that in ur life

BigBodyBombFace

Wow! That was harsh! When I had my surgery my sister threw a fit about it! Hurt my feeling a few times. What I found was she really had no idea what she was talking about, didn't understand what the surgery was and was not, so she was totally speaking out of ignorance!

Once I had the surgery and my health improved and she saw that they had not beheaded me, lol she was fine. I look at it this way, only you can make the decision you know your heart and your health, if she doesn't come around than so be it, her loss!

I was taking over 200 units of insulin and hooked to an insulin pump prior to surgery, now my blood sugar is normal, no more pump.

Just my opinion, but people who settle on being over weight with all this " I'm over weight and there is nothing wrong with it" are watching their lives go to a slow death, our systems were not made to be overweight!

I applaud you for wanting to get strong and healthy, no shame!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I definitely agree with some of the comments she wants to be the only thin friend you mention she was successful with weight watchers.. Sometimes things like this reveal true friendships she was rude and hurtful and like one person said don't talk to her about it anymore and unfortunately you may have to remove her from your life! As bad as it may hurt some people are sent for A REASON in our lives and some for A SEASON and her time just may be up... A person like that may jeopardize your success and trust me you don't want to have to do this surgery over again! Good luck

Below is just a snippet of some of our conversations about my journey. She is very unsupportive and it's hard to ignore. She is my best friend. I share everything with her and it's hard to not share this with her but when I do share she is beyond unsupportive. ☹️

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1486080399.990011.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1486080412.732084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm so sorry. That is not OK. You need supportive people in your life. Do what makes you happy, what you know is good for yourself. I would consider taking a break from the friendship. I can't imagine how her attitude will be after you have surgery.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Openly rude bordering on confrontational. Don't share with her anymore, especially any kind of secrets.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I can totes relate. I told my bestie of 25 years about my surgery and I didn't get support either!

After I told him I had surgery, all he said to me was, "Huh... I can still eat in front of you, right?"

In all seriousness, stop talking to people about it if they aren't on board. You're just wasting your efforts.

Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

ITA, not just in regards to surgery but in general. WLS is a great catalyst to make some healthy changes, and for me that meant minimizing my interactions with negative people.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No offense meant but, true friends will stick by you thru thick and thin whether they agree or not. Know that this journey is not easy, you are going to need people by you who will support you, if she is your friend you need to tell her you are doing this for you and if she cant be positive she needs to keep negativity to herself.

Wow. I was actually living with my bff who disagreed with my decision to pursue WLS and she was so upset by it that she kicked me out. Yea. It turns out she wasn't as much as a friend as I thought. In any case, I'm still going through the process, I know that it will make me healthier and happier in the end. And there are other people who support me!

My husband is threatening divorce if I go through with my surgery. I guess I'll be doing me, out on the streets, single after 20 years. NOT failing...like he says I will.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app