Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Epic Failure!

Guys I need help. I'm so ashamed. I had surgery Sept 16th but the whole process was rushed. I didn't take any of what the doctor said serious as I was just trying to have the miracle change happen quickly. I doctor hopped to speed getting under the knife and now four months out I feel like I'm grazing all day eating practically what I did prior to surgery. I literally was trying to eat a burger today! Of course I dang near killed myself to eat half but that's how stupid I've been with this whole process. I've lost some but no where near the significant amount 4 months out should have. I need a support group outside of my enabling family to help me reset my sleeve and get the weight loss I deserve. At my heaviest I was 290. I'm currently stalled at 220. I just need motivation and help getting on track with proper life changing dieting. I want to be committed and radiant by my birthday 7/7! post-311716-14854061236119_thumb.jpg post-311716-14854061312038_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For starters 70lbs in 4 months is awesome. Especially if you have not been following your plan. I'm on track to be close to 70 lbs down at 4 months and have been religiously following my plan. Having said that if you want to continue to lose and more importantly keep it off you are right, you need to make changes and it isn't too late. You can do this! We are here for you.

Edited by Travelher

70 pounds is fantastic. If you've lost that much without really trying, think about how much progress you could make when you put in your full effort. Making an eating plan for the week with three meals and set Snacks can help you from just grazing all day. There's a girl on Instagram who has posted pictures of the simple template she uses and her weekly meals, and I've gotten ideas from her. https://www.instagram.com/fitmissbliss/

You look great now and I bet you'll look even better by your birthday!

Thanks Trevelher and Clementine Sky! I check her out for creating a meal plan!

Consider doing a reset to get yourself back on track. When I found myself slipping, I found this helpful. http://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-pouch-reset-losing-weight-after-weight-regain/

Girl I'm 4 months out and 70lbs down so it's fantastic but I'm on same track as you and I've had to get on track

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on your weight loss! As for the advice already it's great definitely follow a meal plan. On the other hand it sounds like you have an unhealthy relationship with food still. This site can't give you the help you need to battle the food addiction. I would say your best bet is to get counseling to help with that. We must remember WLS is only a tool, although you're losing now if you continue with the habits you have it is a guarantee you will gain that plus some back. Remember this is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Wish you the best!

Don't be so hard on yourself this is only a tool kiddo . Just go back to the 5 day pouch reset . 2 days of liquid 2 days of very soft foods and 5 th day back to soft Proteins and stop the eating if possible that stuff is habit forming and this is what we have to train ourselves to do it is all about you . food is an addiction and you will see how you shouldn't eat on the five day reset . Always think of your stomach as about the size of 2 boiled eggs and eat slow and only put that much in . You will feel full and don't drink fluids with or 30 minutes before or after eating . This allows your body to absorb what it needs . Other than that you flush it out to quick and it puts it into starvation mode. So everything you eat will go where you don't want it to . Drink lots of Water between meals . It does curb your appetite a bit and drink a Protein shake in between if you think you really need something else .

You got this kiddo you can do it .

We all go through a stall at 3 to 4 months . So don't feel like it's just you .

I am 20 months out and was 200lbs down but gained 18lbs over 3 months and now am back on track so this reset does work on your stomach and your mind .

Your mind is your biggest enemy

Then it is usually the none supporters around you that have no idea what you are going through this is no easy task it is the easy way out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

And by the way you look awsome

70lbs in 4 months is great don't kick yourself so hard .

Life is great and we all are kickin it????

Don't be so hard on yourself this is only a tool kiddo . Just go back to the 5 day pouch reset . 2 days of liquid 2 days of very soft foods and 5 th day back to soft Proteins and stop the eating if possible that stuff is habit forming and this is what we have to train ourselves to do it is all about you . food is an addiction and you will see how you shouldn't eat on the five day reset . Always think of your stomach as about the size of 2 boiled eggs and eat slow and only put that much in . You will feel full and don't drink fluids with or 30 minutes before or after eating . This allows your body to absorb what it needs . Other than that you flush it out to quick and it puts it into starvation mode. So everything you eat will go where you don't want it to . Drink lots of Water between meals . It does curb your appetite a bit and drink a Protein shake in between if you think you really need something else .

You got this kiddo you can do it .

We all go through a stall at 3 to 4 months . So don't feel like it's just you .

I am 20 months out and was 200lbs down but gained 18lbs over 3 months and now am back on track so this reset does work on your stomach and your mind .

Your mind is your biggest enemy

Then it is usually the none supporters around you that have no idea what you are going through this is no easy task it is the easy way out for sure.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!

You bet that is what we are here for to support each other

First of all, you look FANTASTIC! I think we all stray from the plan, but we do have each other to get us back on track! I know it says that I have only been sleeved for 6 weeks, but I have been working with a Bariatric surgery tool for over 5 years!!! Look up a "pouch reset" to help you mentally get back on track and aim for 3 "protein rich" meals per day with purposeful fasting in between. This has been the biggest difference in head "hunger" and boredom eating for me. Don't let the scale get you down...70 lbs is beyond amazing! I saw someone in another post with an idea about writing messages to yourself daily on your bathroom mirrors with dry erase markers! I'm going to start doing this too! My weight has been a lifelong struggle and I am 100 lbs down with 90ish to go! We can make it through this!

Banded 2010 weight:327
Sleeved 12/28/16 weight:253
CW: 228 GW: 155
Heather in Texas

70 lbs in 4 months is a lot.

---

If you feel you're getting off track analyze what is your downfall (you already said grazing) and try to get a grip on it by asking yourself what might help the problem.

What could help you to prevent grazing? A meal plan? Spreading the food you want to eat for that day over more meals (e. g. six instead of three or four meals)? Getting distracted with work or a hobby?

---

Problem solving is something very individual. What might help one person, might make another person's problem worse.

I'm having similar grazing problems...so I've been upping my Protein & my H20 to start. It's HARD when the only support you really have is online. For me it was because I went to Mexico for Surgery...and I'm on the other side of the US!

Also, try to reset your thinking on "failing". For me, not losing the way I "thought" i should have been set me up for the spiral of "Oh well, im not losing..might as well eat X Y &Z!" Healthy? Nope...therapy isnt an option about it right now for me. So I'm having to refocus on the positives..on what IS working and what the overall picture looks like, not just the 1lbs I'm fighting with right now.