Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freezing....all the time!

Girl, me too! I am always cold now (unless, of course, I'm sitting in front of a heater). My hands and feet suffer the most; I always have to wear socks now. I hate wearing socks to bed, because they move around and drive me crazy, lol! But now, I don't have a choice because my feet are always so cold.

Have you lost a good bit of weight? I've lost over 60 pounds, so I bet that's why I'm so cold. I basically shed 60 pounds of warm blubber, and my much smaller body doesn't know how to cope properly. :P

ME TOO! I had to bring a blanket to wrap around my legs at my office. I'm freezing all the time!

I am 11 months out, 140 pounds down. I freeze all of the time. We have an infrared heater that I drag with me around the house to whatever room I am in and I keep it facing me if I sit on the couch. It's a complete 180 because before surgery, I loved a cool house - now I can't stand it. I burn my husband and son up, but I am just so cold! ;)

Almost a universal complaint. We're losing our insulating layers! :)

I work from home 2 days a week, and used to have my workspace set up in my living room in front of a window. This last weekend I had to clear out the spare bedroom and move my workspace there so that I could better heat it up with a space heater because I'll get too cold to work, and even get a Migraine from being so cold.

For me, it's mostly a good thing, because I was always the one who got hot and sweaty all the time, and was miserable. So given the option I'd rather be cold because I can use heated throws, heated mattress pads, socks, etc. to get warmer but there's only so far you can take off clothes in public and not get arrested. LOL.

And, of course, I'm in Texas. We only have about 1, maybe 2 months of real cold here (just got through a vicious cold snap) but on the order of 6 or 7 months of insane heat. So I'd rather be more comfortable in the heat and have to layer up for 1 or 2 months. :D

You know what happens when you are all nice and toasty in bed and then throw all those layers of blankets off and start to shiver? That's what we are doing with our weight loss. It will take a while for your body to adjust again and find it's proper internal heating settings. lol! Could take a year. I'm freezing all the time as well. I now dress in outrageous # of layers ( undershirt, long underwear top and bottom, sweater, jeans AND jacket. And I live in CA. lol!!!! Oh, and I have a heating blanket on my bed cranked up to (insert accent) eleven! (spinal tap joke, only have it turned up to 5.)

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

Glad to hear other people are freezing too. My wife thought I was being strange.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Def not freezing here I wish I was. Seeing it's bloody summer

I can hardly wait till our winter starts to know what being cold is like. Although when I was this weight many years ago I still felt the heat and never the cold

I'm always cold. And it was a running joke on my old job about my year round sweating lol. Im in my heated room in a long sleeve pajama set with long pants and in one of my boyfriend's hoodies i stole. Im still cold. But it comes in levels through the day. I have an ac and even being wrapped in plastic the cold air is just blowing through. Gonna take my heating blanket down out the closet. I need all the help i can get.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Torriluv87

I'm always cold!!!! I'm 3 weeks post op and have been freezing ever since lol. I asked my skinny friends if they are always this cold and they say it's just me so I'm assuming it has to do with the surgery.

Girl, me too! I am always cold now (unless, of course, I'm sitting in front of a heater). My hands and feet suffer the most; I always have to wear socks now. I hate wearing socks to bed, because they move around and drive me crazy, lol! But now, I don't have a choice because my feet are always so cold.

Have you lost a good bit of weight? I've lost over 60 pounds, so I bet that's why I'm so cold. I basically shed 60 pounds of warm blubber, and my much smaller body doesn't know how to cope properly. :P

I'm about to hit my 60 mark, but I'm not weighing myself as often and I used too. It gives me anxiety still even knowing I will see a change lol congrats on your loss!!

I'm about to hit my 60 mark, but I'm not weighing myself as often and I used too. It gives me anxiety still even knowing I will see a change lol congrats on your loss!!

Yeah, I don't weigh as often as I used to either. I used to weigh myself every day. Now it's more like twice a week, lol. Thank you so much! And congrats to you as well! Keep it up! :D

That's funny because I'm always hot and tend to start sweating for no reason. Looking forward to being always cold