Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Planners!

Hi everyone!

I'm currently on track for a February 2017 surgery, and am super excited! I am, however, a control freak and a notorious planner. As 2016 comes to a close and 2017 right around the corner, I am looking for a new planner; as in, the notebook in which my life gets inked on (but if anyone wants to sign up to be my personal assistant to plan my life out for me, applications for that are also curently being accepted :P). I live and die by my planner, but am looking for something that can help keep track of my meals and weight loss and notes in one place, too.

I don't know if anyone else is into planners like I am. Maybe it's just me. I've tried the Erin Condren planners, and they were super bulky. I shop around for basic, simple planners at Target and Staples, but they just don't do it for me. I need something to balance two jobs, school, surgery (and all that goes with it), and appointments. HELP! Any and all suggestions will be taken/appreciated. :)

I'm glad you asked this I've been obsessing over which planner to by so far I'm interested in the panda planner, freedom planner, and the I am very busy bando planner and but I can't seem to pull the trigger on one of them

I don't know if that's helpful to you at all but there it is

Sent from my XT1635-02 using the BariatricPal App

I agree, I love my Erin Condren but wish it was less bulky. You might try a planner by mom agenda. It is designed for moms who coordinate multiple kids schedules but I used it when I was balancing school, work and family

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 110% the same way. I also live and die by my planner! I use it for law school, work, and for to do lists and everything else. I've had an Erin Condrin before too and I agree, it's too damn big! Especially if I want to have it with me, I can't lug it alright with all my other crap (books for school, my laptop for work, or even just meals and shakes for the day!).

I've been pretty dedicated to the Sugar Paper line of planners for the last 3 years or so. They're an independent store but they frequently sell at Target and target online. They're big because it's like the size of a piece of paper, but it's slim. Here's some pictures from my 2017 planner of the front, month view, half of the week, and a width comparison to my MacBook Air. Hope this helps in your decision making!

I've also heard that the Kate Spade planners are pretty good. Lots of girls in my classes use them.

post-296948-14820672232569_thumb.jpg post-296948-1482067246169_thumb.jpg post-296948-14820672797595_thumb.jpg post-296948-14820673234577_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by MissJDVSG

I am a serious planner and office supply addict/freak. I loved the idea of the Erin Condren but also found it super bulky. What I have fallen in love with is the Bullet Journal concept. There's tons of ideas/layouts on Pinterest, as well as several bloggers out there to follow to figure out how to do it. I personally don't get into all of the drawing and washi tape and embellishments, but it's open to all of that if it's your thing. What I love is that I can find the layout that works for me, and change it day to day or week to week as I need. Plus I can add in lists and content sections as I need them. I currently have my work journal in a Moleskine and my personal journal in a Leuchterm (sp?) and I think I prefer the Leuchterm one because the paper's a little thicker, and the pages come pre-numbered. They're a little pricier than the Moleskine, but you can sometimes find them on sale on Amazon for reasonable, and they're still not as spendy as the Condrens. If I hadn't started the BuJo, I'd have likely gone back to a ring binder Franklin planner style setup.