Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Need to VENT!!!

OK...I am over THREE months out and ALMOST 50lbs off!!!! YAY ME!

Now the vent!!! A friend of mine, 10 years my junior, 8 inches shorter, had lapband 9 days ago...She lost about 10 pounds since surgery and I am standing with her today in the church parking lot when a mutual friend drives by and says to her WOW...You're looking GREAT!! What a difference!!! Now this person has NEVER ONCE mentioned MY weight loss!!! I have dropped almost 50 friggin pounds am standing RIGHT THERE and NOTHING!!!! My friend talked the doc out of her pre-op diet, isn't following the post of diet, drops 10 pounds with ZERO effort and I am FIGHTING my ARSE off for every frigging ounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! Right now I HATE my life!!!! GRRRRRRR :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I do not begrudge my friend her loss, I am happy for her...I just wish people would say something to ME TOO FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!

musical---Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you are doing terrific. And I am sure you look great too. Some people do not have the sense God gave a goose!!! Try to ignore the remarks; I know I would been hurt too. But think on the positive side and see all the improvements you have made in your life. I just hope and pray that when I am 3 months out, I will be 50 less than I was. Keep up the good work.

MM - I think you look GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I've lost 30-something and no one has said anything - except ONE friend that knows about the surgery... so I don't count him. Haha. I think I look the same and its FRUSTRATING!!

I JUST WANNA BE THIN!

I WANT PEOPLE TO TELL ME I LOOK SUPER FABULOUS!

MM--I am sorry! One thing way to think of it, is that she MUST have carried it worse than you! I mean obvisouly if she looses just 10 and someone notices that is saying something! :confused:

You must be just one of those people that didn't look overweight and no one notices.... :)

Not being mean, just tryint to help....

MM, I do understand your frustration. No one has really noticed my weight loss either. Most people see me almost every day. I think it is harder to notice then. Even my mother hasn't said anything until last week, and her comment was, you finally look like you have lost weight. Granted I am not the most perfect bander but I have still lost some weight.

Thanks everyone :) I knew you all would understand. I'm OK now...it's nice having my LBT friends to lean on in a weak moment. (((HUGS)))

Onward to better health!

Finally at 70lbs people are saying they notice it.

But at 40 and 50 lbs when they other girls at work who had lost 10 and 20 lbs were getting lots of compliments, I was getting bupkiss.

I know exactly what you mean BooBoo, But Darn those Butt-heads! Don't they realize a few compliments just make most of us girls want to work even harder for more compliments? So frustrating.

I understand completely! I've lost 40 + lbs and hardly a mention of it anywhere. We went to see my Dh's parents last weekend.....(btw...they know nothing about my surgery) and my husband says.... "doesn't she look great?" His mother then replies ...."oh yes ....but YOU"VE lost weight too and look terrific!" She went on and on about it. She did say to my sister-in-law ...."she looks good doesn't she" and she replied ....."I love your shoes!" Okay ....lets get this straight .....My DH is about 190lbs ....and maybe has gained a few from eating the other half of MY meals! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (but I did have on cute shoes) :)

A few weeks ago we went to visit my FIL and his wife. They do not know anything about my surgery, only my DH. I have lost around 45 pounds, droped 6 sizes in my clothes, and they dont even say a word about it. My DH knows I dont like making a big deal about it so he didnt say anythig to them about it. A few days after we got back home we get a phone call from my SIL and she is talking to my DH and tell him "Dad told me that Laura has lost alot of weight and just looks great", now why couldnt he say something to me about it. OH well I do like the fact that he bragged to my SIL about it anyway...........LOL. I he thought I looked great then, just wait till they see me at Christmas. Motivation Baby, Motivation!!

Meaning that I don't really want people to comment. I'm down 50 lbs. I've noticed my clothes, shoes, watch, etc are loose but otherwise, I don't really "see" the difference. There have been a couple people mention it but I only told a few people about it, for this very reason. I didn't want to be harassed by people wanting updates. Weight is such a touchy (depressing, upsetting, emotional) issue and I really think people, big and small, don't know how to tactfully handle it, especially with all the fad diets that people do. Weight goes up and down so fast. You wouldn't say something to someone that had gained alot of weight (at least I hope not) since you last saw them and I think this issue is in the same category. Most of have lost and gained, lost and gained, that alot of people who don't know about the lapband think we're just on another down swoop.

Having given my ten cents, MM, you look great! For you, there's no way people couldnt notice. They do, they just aren't sure if you want them to acknowledge. If you do, you may need to mention it to sort of open the door for them.

Anyway, congrats! Keep up the good work! :)

Meaning that I don't really want people to comment. I'm down 50 lbs. I've noticed my clothes, shoes, watch, etc are loose but otherwise, I don't really "see" the difference. There have been a couple people mention it but I only told a few people about it, for this very reason. I didn't want to be harassed by people wanting updates. Weight is such a touchy (depressing, upsetting, emotional) issue and I really think people, big and small, don't know how to tactfully handle it, especially with all the fad diets that people do. Weight goes up and down so fast. You wouldn't say something to someone that had gained alot of weight (at least I hope not) since you last saw them and I think this issue is in the same category. Most of have lost and gained, lost and gained, that alot of people who don't know about the lapband think we're just on another down swoop.

Having given my ten cents, MM, you look great! For you, there's no way people couldnt notice. They do, they just aren't sure if you want them to acknowledge. If you do, you may need to mention it to sort of open the door for them.

Anyway, congrats! Keep up the good work! :waytogo:

You are SO right about that!! My friend told EVERYONE she got the band...I only told a handful of close friends, so it's not common knowledge. Like you, I kept it on the down low because I didn't feel like giving daily updates to every one and their brother! :woot:

Yesterday...FINALLY...someone that had NO CLUE I have the band said to me (DH's Boss in his southern drawl) "Hey! Yer loooosing weight!" I said "Yup! 50 pounds!" He said "It looks good on ya! er eh, off ya!" Then he told me that his wife noticed at the company dinner last week too. So, that was the BEST compliment because I knew it was genuine.