Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 surgeries in less than 2 weeks!

Hey everyone!

So I had the bypass on 10/10, everything went amazing! Had barely no pain, except the occasional gas pain and came out of surgery with a drain! 2 days later I got discharged from the hospital. I was able to tolerate everything I drank! The week after surgery I had my follow up visit with the surgeon, he cleared me to resume my activity and to advance to the next diet phase. Well, I did. This past Saturday I woke up in excruciating pain. I tried going to the gym to walk it off thinking it was "gas pain" nope, I couldn't finish because the pain was getting worse and worse. I got home from the gym and tried having a Protein Shake and nope, that for the first time didn't go down! At this point, I tried to rest it off and fell asleep and when I woke up I was in tears of how much pain I was in! I called the surgeon which happened to be on call and immediately he told me to go to the Emergency Room. They drew labs and the surgeon decided to do a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis. Labs came back perfect not anemic or anything. The results of the CT scan came back and said I had free Fluid in my abdomen. The surgeon thought it was residual from my surgery last Monday. Well the pain was so severe that they had to give me morphine and dilaudid and it was barely touching me! The surgeon came in and told me that he was admitting me into the hospital and if the pain didn't go away that I would have to have surgery again the following day. So, it was late night when I got my room, I slept the entire night with not a single pain in my abdomen! I woke up actually happy thinking that I wouldn't have to have surgery AGAIN! Around noon yesterday the pain came back so bad that I was in tears once again. The surgeon came in and said that he wasn't sure what was going on that he wants to open me back up and put a camera in to see what's going on! At around 5pm yesterday I was back in surgery. The surgeon was suspecting I had some scar tissue from my bypass that was messing around with the small intestine. Long and behold he found that I had a narrowing in my small intestine and that he had to do a bowel resection (cut that portion of the intestine and reattach it) because I was all backed up! My advice to everyone here: listen to your bodies! Everyone kept telling me it was just gas pain! NO! I knew the difference between a gas pain and the true pain I was having! So here I am now recovering from my second surgery! Today is two weeks since my bypass!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hope you start felling better and move on and enjoy your new life and always listen to your body

juan phone

Wow that your ok i no thats sucks

9/28/16 80pld goal

Hey everyone!

So I had the bypass on 10/10, everything went amazing! Had barely no pain, except the occasional gas pain and came out of surgery with a drain! 2 days later I got discharged from the hospital. I was able to tolerate everything I drank! The week after surgery I had my follow up visit with the surgeon, he cleared me to resume my activity and to advance to the next diet phase. Well, I did. This past Saturday I woke up in excruciating pain. I tried going to the gym to walk it off thinking it was "gas pain" nope, I couldn't finish because the pain was getting worse and worse. I got home from the gym and tried having a Protein shake and nope, that for the first time didn't go down! At this point, I tried to rest it off and fell asleep and when I woke up I was in tears of how much pain I was in! I called the surgeon which happened to be on call and immediately he told me to go to the Emergency Room. They drew labs and the surgeon decided to do a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis. Labs came back perfect not anemic or anything. The results of the CT scan came back and said I had free Fluid in my abdomen. The surgeon thought it was residual from my surgery last Monday. Well the pain was so severe that they had to give me morphine and dilaudid and it was barely touching me! The surgeon came in and told me that he was admitting me into the hospital and if the pain didn't go away that I would have to have surgery again the following day. So, it was late night when I got my room, I slept the entire night with not a single pain in my abdomen! I woke up actually happy thinking that I wouldn't have to have surgery AGAIN! Around noon yesterday the pain came back so bad that I was in tears once again. The surgeon came in and said that he wasn't sure what was going on that he wants to open me back up and put a camera in to see what's going on! At around 5pm yesterday I was back in surgery. The surgeon was suspecting I had some scar tissue from my bypass that was messing around with the small intestine. Long and behold he found that I had a narrowing in my small intestine and that he had to do a bowel resection (cut that portion of the intestine and reattach it) because I was all backed up! My advice to everyone here: listen to your bodies! Everyone kept telling me it was just gas pain! NO! I knew the difference between a gas pain and the true pain I was having! So here I am now recovering from my second surgery! Today is two weeks since my bypass!

Wow..... Is good to hear you r doing much better..... my surgery is wednesday....I'm so scare that something like this can come up.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hey everyone!

So I had the bypass on 10/10, everything went amazing! Had barely no pain, except the occasional gas pain and came out of surgery with a drain! 2 days later I got discharged from the hospital. I was able to tolerate everything I drank! The week after surgery I had my follow up visit with the surgeon, he cleared me to resume my activity and to advance to the next diet phase. Well, I did. This past Saturday I woke up in excruciating pain. I tried going to the gym to walk it off thinking it was "gas pain" nope, I couldn't finish because the pain was getting worse and worse. I got home from the gym and tried having a Protein shake and nope, that for the first time didn't go down! At this point, I tried to rest it off and fell asleep and when I woke up I was in tears of how much pain I was in! I called the surgeon which happened to be on call and immediately he told me to go to the Emergency Room. They drew labs and the surgeon decided to do a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis. Labs came back perfect not anemic or anything. The results of the CT scan came back and said I had free Fluid in my abdomen. The surgeon thought it was residual from my surgery last Monday. Well the pain was so severe that they had to give me morphine and dilaudid and it was barely touching me! The surgeon came in and told me that he was admitting me into the hospital and if the pain didn't go away that I would have to have surgery again the following day. So, it was late night when I got my room, I slept the entire night with not a single pain in my abdomen! I woke up actually happy thinking that I wouldn't have to have surgery AGAIN! Around noon yesterday the pain came back so bad that I was in tears once again. The surgeon came in and said that he wasn't sure what was going on that he wants to open me back up and put a camera in to see what's going on! At around 5pm yesterday I was back in surgery. The surgeon was suspecting I had some scar tissue from my bypass that was messing around with the small intestine. Long and behold he found that I had a narrowing in my small intestine and that he had to do a bowel resection (cut that portion of the intestine and reattach it) because I was all backed up! My advice to everyone here: listen to your bodies! Everyone kept telling me it was just gas pain! NO! I knew the difference between a gas pain and the true pain I was having! So here I am now recovering from my second surgery! Today is two weeks since my bypass!

I totally agree on October 10th I had my mini gastric bypass I came out of the anesthesia in severe pain. Everyone kept saying it was gas and to walk. So I walked totally bent over. The Dr. came and did a physical exam of my abdomen and I started screaming from the pain. He said something was definitely wrong. I was sent for an x ray of my chest and abdomen where they saw Fluid in my lungs and in my abdomen. On October 14th I was sent back for emergency surgery where I had a hernia, a bleeding ulcer, blood in the abdomen and a tumor. If I had not kept telling the staff I was in excruciating pain. What would have happened ? Listen to your body.

Sent from my SM-P550 using the BariatricPal App

This is why I tell everyone here we are not doctors. Call your doctor for medical advice. Good luck!

Hi everyone! Finally made it home today after being in the hospital for 4 days! Listen to your bodies! That's all I can say! For all of us who have undergone the bypass or the sleeve, no one knows the huge change we have endured! Everyone kept telling me it was gas when In fact I KNEW it was not! I knew something was wrong! Although I was upset about having to go through with another surgery, im in positive spirits and looking forward to recovering once again! Hugs and kisses to all of you that have reached out!

Hi everyone! Finally made it home today after being in the hospital for 4 days! Listen to your bodies! That's all I can say! For all of us who have undergone the bypass or the sleeve, no one knows the huge change we have endured! Everyone kept telling me it was gas when In fact I KNEW it was not! I knew something was wrong! Although I was upset about having to go through with another surgery, im in positive spirits and looking forward to recovering once again! Hugs and kisses to all of you that have reached out!

Phew. Heal up!