Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 4 days into my pre op diet!!! Holy shit!!! Its not even that bad compared to what i've read ppl are doing here. My diet is 10 days and its 2 shakes and 4oz Protein with veggies. Im 6,1 350 pounds. Im not a happy camper right now!!!! Jesus help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is a strict pre-op. My pre-op was much longer though, 3 wks. Mine was 5 Protein Shakes with Water (or 4 with milk), a cup of broth in between. I wish I had the 4 oz Protein though hehe but still, hang in there, 6 more days. :) I feel ya though, and I'm sure there are several here that feel the same.

See if you can add a shake. Call your surgeon and check with them.

My husband went from 320 to 217. He is 6'2". He existed on lots of broth, the shakes, and one protein/veg meal pre surgery. Some of these pre op diets are horrendous for a person your size. Please talk to your surgeon! It is worth it in the long run I promise.

Just remember that it isn't forever. You only need to make it through these 10 days, and post surgery you aren't going to feel hunger in nearly the same way.

@@Daniella5

Today My 9th day of Optifast shakes onlyy...horrible..I want chicken!

Down 9 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Twice in my husband's life he did Optifast two separate years and lost 100 lbs. each year. The pre op shakes is nothing in comparison, so just wait for the prize. It is not easy but we all struggled pre op, and post op. It is so worth it.

My pre-op diet was two weeks and it was 100% liquids, no solids no meat nothing...and I took great pride in making it through that entire program without cheating once. It put me in just the right mental place to handle life after surgery. This prep isn't just for a good, smooth surgery and recovery...it's for your mind, too. It's a commitment that you're making to change. Embrace it! There's a time limit on it, and then after surgery you will not care anymore.

My pre-op diet was two weeks and it was 100% liquids, no solids no meat nothing...and I took great pride in making it through that entire program without cheating once. It put me in just the right mental place to handle life after surgery. This prep isn't just for a good, smooth surgery and recovery...it's for your mind, too. It's a commitment that you're making to change. Embrace it! There's a time limit on it, and then after surgery you will not care anymore.

You are 100%correct.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hi guys, my surgery is scheduled for 2nd November and I'm currently on a 2 week pre op diet and I'm also finding it really difficult! I'm allowed 4 pints of semi skimmed milk per day, but I can substitute one pint of milk with one slim fast shake. I'm on day 3 and I'm so hungry! Plus (sorry if tmi) every time I drink my milk I urgently need the bathroom So my body feels completely empty! 11 days to go, and I'm going to stay strong and get it done, especially after reading PorkChopExpress post. Encouraging :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using the BariatricPal App

Im 4 days into my pre op diet!!! Holy ****!!! Its not even that bad compared to what i've read ppl are doing here. My diet is 10 days and its 2 shakes and 4oz Protein with veggies. Im 6,1 350 pounds. Im not a happy camper right now!!!! Jesus help!!!

Yours is actually good. Mine was only liquids! Protein Shakes, broth, Water, crystal light, cream of Soups with no chunks just liquid, and drinkable yogurts

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Thanks, Porkchop. That actually helps me a lot.