Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DC/Balitmore Hospitals and Surgeons

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) or recommendations with hospitals and surgeons in the DC/Baltimore area? I'm primarily looking at these hospitals and affiliated surgeons:

• Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center
  • Holy Cross Hospital
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
  • University of Maryland Medical Center
  • George Washington University
  • Washington Hospital Center

Thank you!

I'm having my GBP done by Dr. Andrew Averbach at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore, MD. They are a Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Excellence which was a requirement of my insurance company. So far I am very happy with their program and my surgery is penciled in for October 17th. We are waiting on my insurance approval to make it official.

Good Luck!

Thanks @Airstream88. I read an ABC news article that said hospitals that do over 350 bariatric surgeries per year have the least chances of complications. Almost every hospital in the DC area does bariatric surgery so it's a bit difficult to sort out which team to go with.

Edited by papercliphip

@@papercliphip An important thing to look at is the support team for the surgeon. Dr. A and his partner have an associated nutritionist and licensed clinical social that work out of their office as well as a top notch staff. They also hold support groups weekly and have a closed FB group where patients can get support from each other as well as the staff.y

I feel I am in very good hands!

Sorry I didn't see this before now. I had my sleeve done at GW by Dr. Vaziri. He was great and I felt very well taken care of. They have a bariatric wing that you can tour if you are still deciding.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App