Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which surgeons do you recommend in Tijuana, Mexico?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and stumbled across it while doing my research into the gastric sleeve surgery.

I'm 24 (25 in 2 months) and have been overweight since I was a child. At about 20, I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been gradually gaining weight since.

I've dieted multiple times. Each time I'd lose however, I'd gain it all back and more. Plus weightloss with PCOS is sooooooo hard. I'd always get demotivated after a couple of months. I was working so hard and I was seeing little-no results. Very frustrating!

So that's why I'm here.

I'm Jamaican, living in Jamaica. We currently do not have the facilities/the facilities here are fairly new. As a result, I've decided to have surgery in Tijuana. I'm hoping to get this done in May-June 2017.

Can you guys provide the names of doctors that you recommend?

So far, I've reached out to A Lighter Me. Which A Lighter Me doctor do you guys think is best?

Dr Ariel Ortiz at Obesity Control Center is the BEST. He did my LapBand in 2006. He is a little higher priced than other Tijuana Drs but 1st class all the way. If you do research your will find him everywhere. The Doctors show, Oprah, Dateline, there was a write up in Newsweek naming him one of the top bariatric surgeons in the US.

For my revision to sleeve in May 2016 I used Dr Fernando Garcia. Another first class experience but cost wise he was in my budget. I did a lot of research before using him too. I had zero complications and felt I was VERY well taken care of. His surgery center is new and state of the art.

PM me if you need any other questions answered.

I used Ariel Ortiz at OCC and had a great experience, but BariatricPal is also affiliated with a few surgeons now and offers special pricing packages, so I would definitely encourage you to look into those. You should be able to message @@Bill Yanez if you want details on pricing and services.

Thank you both!

Though pricier, Dr. Ortiz's facilities seem SO professional. I'll definitely add him to my list!

Thank you both!

Though pricier, Dr. Ortiz's facilities seem SO professional. I'll definitely add him to my list!

Definitely on the pricier side, so budget could be a real concern. The facilities were great and the support staff is what really put them over the top for me. I received far more follow-up care, support, and feedback than it seems a lot of TJ surgeons provide. Even two years out, I know I could email the nutritionist with a question and receive a reply within an hour or two.

Thanks again everyone.

I'm currently leaning more towards ALM. Not just because of the price but there seems to be a whole, active community of ALM sleevers.

OCC hasn't been eliminated though.

Looked at Tijuana Bariatrics, but I'm going to say no.

ALM does quite a few surgeries everyday. Ask them how many 6-8? Other docs do 3-4. I personally didnt want to be rushed through. Also they brought a 15 passenger van stuffed full of people for their leak test. I was happy to have it be me and 2 other people on Dr Garcias shuttle.

@@shesticklish Did you look at the BaritricPal packages? I think they are fairly inexpensive and I am pretty confident that Alex wouldn't put the BariatricPal name on something unless he fully vetted it.

Has anyone ever heard of a Doctor Luis Enrique Montano in TJ?

ALM does quite a few surgeries everyday. Ask them how many 6-8? Other docs do 3-4. I personally didnt want to be rushed through. Also they brought a 15 passenger van stuffed full of people for their leak test. I was happy to have it be me and 2 other people on Dr Garcias shuttle.

Just got an email from Garcia. They're up to 6-8 a day now too

Sent from my GT-I9152 using the BariatricPal App

@@shesticklish Did you look at the BaritricPal packages? I think they are fairly inexpensive and I am pretty confident that Alex wouldn't put the BariatricPal name on something unless he fully vetted it.

Yes, I have. I pretty much have a list of about 6 surgeons short listed. Now I just need to decide !

Going to Tijuana isn't scary at all. The hospitals/surgery centers are state of the art. The care you receive is better than in the US. The nurse to patient ratio isn't over extended. I heard several doctors from Tijuana are now doing surgeries in Cancun. Have you checked out that as an option since you're going from Jamaica? Just a thought <3

Going to Tijuana isn't scary at all. The hospitals/surgery centers are state of the art. The care you receive is better than in the US. The nurse to patient ratio isn't over extended. I heard several doctors from Tijuana are now doing surgeries in Cancun. Have you checked out that as an option since you're going from Jamaica? Just a thought <3

Thanks! Had nooo idea Cancun was an option. I'll keep it in mind. Although, since my partner is in the US, I may or may not be in San Diego around surgery time. I should have her work schedule later this month, so I'll know my dates and where I'll be for sure. But Cancun would save me sooo much time.. And I could throw in a vacation too!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and stumbled across it while doing my research into the gastric sleeve surgery.

I'm 24 (25 in 2 months) and have been overweight since I was a child. At about 20, I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been gradually gaining weight since.

I've dieted multiple times. Each time I'd lose however, I'd gain it all back and more. Plus weightloss with PCOS is sooooooo hard. I'd always get demotivated after a couple of months. I was working so hard and I was seeing little-no results. Very frustrating!

So that's why I'm here.

I'm Jamaican, living in Jamaica. We currently do not have the facilities/the facilities here are fairly new. As a result, I've decided to have surgery in Tijuana. I'm hoping to get this done in May-June 2017.

Can you guys provide the names of doctors that you recommend?

So far, I've reached out to ALM. Which ALM doctor do you guys think is best?

Hi,

Feel free to ask any questions about the surgical procedures, I will be more than happy to schedule a phone call or Skype consultation!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App