Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional Rollercoaster( can you become bipolar) after surgery.

I am 7 weeks post-op. I have not ever been an emotional person. And I am in HELL now. I am/was a happy person, always smiling. A joke to tell, a friend to make. A smile on my face. But not for the last 4 weeks or so. I am moody, bitchy, I'm always hungry, and hate people and life. I caused a huge scene at Safeway knocked over a display stand. ( it was for somthing so dumb and petty) I'm depressed,sad,and pissed off at the world. I hide in my house.

This is not me. My personal physician totally checked me out. (Full cbc, urine,labs) everything came back fine. Im always constipated now. I cry all the time over nothing. And I'm getting worried. This is not me. I am not this crazy Lady that's been around the last month. ( well I'm crazy) but in a intellectual I know I'm crazy, so I can't be crazy way.....

I am good at faking it till you make it, a smile for the world. But I am dying inside. Did this happen to anyone. How can this be happening to me in the middle of this amazing journey I'm on. I'm losing weight, 81pds counting pre Surgery diet. I'm modeling again, I have men throwing them self at me. ( I don't have a sexy drive) WTF ( and I was always ready to go, like cat in heat who's my daddy horny) before this. Wtf is going on. Please tell me I'm not alone and it will pass. My Dr didn't have a clue, and I am at a loss.. This is hard for me to admit, because I hate weakness. But I'm scared now, and need answers before I snap and someone gets hurts. post-294195-14656913280172_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

This is common post op. Don't worry though... It doesn't last. I think I was over my emotional roller coaster three months out. Take a deep breath

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Your hormones have taken a trip to wiggity town. It's normal. As you lose fat, the estrogen that is built up in those cells is released (says my NP) and it makes you an emotional clown.

Warn your family. Remind yourself to be nice. Don't read the forums if you feel particularly b!tchy/sad/sensitive. Treat yourself with kindness.

You will be back to normal in a few months. Seriously.

Even the most logical, sane, even robotic person can become an emotional mess after the surgery...

It's normal..

You'll be fine...

Even the most logical, sane, even robotic person can become an emotional mess after the surgery...

It's normal..

You'll be fine...

So these thoughts and wanting to hurt people is normal???

Yep!!!

Don't do it tho...

Or...

If you DO choose to do it...

Make sure the f*cker deserves it!!!

And that you have a credible alibi... :D

Did your Dr suggest anti-depressants for the time being? It might not be a bad idea to get yourself through this hormone dump!

Prozac, Klonopin and sunflower butter

It's normal..

You'll be fine...

That was my normal BEFORE surgery.

Your fat cells also contain hormones and chemicals. As you lose weight, these fat cells break down and release these into your system, thus you can experience an overload of emotions. These are flushed through your kidneys and then out through your urine. So it is important to drink a lot of fluids, especially filtered Water.

It's normal..

You'll be fine...

That was my normal BEFORE surgery.
Yes I don't have a surgery date yet. Sometimes I hate the world. When I feel like this, I search out the kind people on this site. The rude and negative people, can go to hell!!

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App