Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well day six is here and I am still losing ( which I would guess is correct) got on the scale this morning and I am now 260lbs. Down over 40 pounds from the day I weigh in at the office in January. Had to go out yesterday and get a few things to wear that actually fit. Like I have said before, each day gets a little better. Drinking the Protein still take over an hour for me, which I think is ok. Been able to get enough liquids and that is a slow process as well. But I feel great for the most part. Have to remind myself that I had surgery 6 days ago because i feel normal. My stomach feels different and I am beginning to understand what it feels like to be full. Which for me is different than what I felt before the surgery. This has been a very positive experience. I know I was worried before the surgery and I think that is normal. But the thought of finally being able to get to a weigh that is healthy, is so exciting! The last time I was 260 was 2004. I am very committed to losing as much as I can possible. With the help of the sleeve I seriously feel this can happen. It is my goal to spent the rest of my life healthy. My diabetes has improved ( Blood glucose 94) my blood pressure is come way down. I am hoping at some point I will be able to lose the sleep apeana as well. So i think if you follow the what your doctor says pre and post opt. Do the work you too can benefit from this surgery. There are plenty of examples here on this site, easy to see for sure. I am just adding my thoughts to the mix. I know reading other posts here helped me to move ahead with the process and I hope this will others.

Glad things are going smoothly for you in general so far. Just stick with the plan and the scale will keep trending downward. Don't panic if/when you hit a stall. It's completely normal. But it sounds like you did your research ahead of time, so you know what to expect. Keep up the good work with your Protein and water!

Im 5 days post op today! Seems things are going alittle better for you than they are for me. Are you still on pain meds? I am i only take it when i get up and for bed to get sleep. And finding im sleeping almost threw the whole night now which im thankful for! I did go out yesterday to get some grocery's and ended up having to come home early i think i over did myself to soon =\

Sent from my LGLS991 using the BariatricPal App

I have been pretty lucky, I have not to take any pain meds since I have been home. The day of surgery my last pain shot was at 10 pm. I have been pain free ever since. Very very lucky I guess. I have been able to a little moving around. I do get fatigue and then I usually come home and take a nap. I do try pay attention to how much energy I have and judge accordingly.

Sent from my SM-T520 using the BariatricPal App