Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upset Stomach and A Little Diarrhea

My stomach isn't feeling so great. Today at lunch, I was at the salon, getting my hair done. My stylist was going to get lunch at Chipotle (don't know if ya'll have these, but they're Mexican Grills). She offered to get me s'thing, so I said okay. I told her to get me the following: refried Beans, a little cheese, and sour cream. I said if the chix is shredded, get me a little. One lady said yes, it's definitely shredded.

Well, this is what they got me: pinto beans, cheese, and a ton of sour cream...and some cubed chix. AAAAAHHHH!!!

I didn't panic. I picked through and ate all the pinto beans, making sure to chew them extremely well. They were spicy. I had a few bites of the chix, again chewing like crazy. Well, I was super full. I really think I ate too much. Nothing got stuck at all, so I was okay there. This was around 1:30pm - 2:00pm.

I get to work and really, really have to go to the bathroom. I go and feel a lil better.

dinner time rolls around, I'm still freaking full. I ate a Tbsp of tuna, but didn't even bother with anymore b/c I'm still full.

My stomach is still so full and I don't feel so well. Has anyone else been nauseous from eating too much??? Was the food too rich for me??? Is this what this is?

Rich food can easily upset my stomach too, I dont know why since I'm well out from the early stages and eat normally, but I guess I just dont have the tolerance for it that I once did.

I reckon peppermint tea is a saviour for an upset tummy, it works for me every single time.

Hi there...

boy, your problems sound very familiar (as I type this)!

I had the operation close to a month ago. Today I was starving, and had no choices other than to have a ham and cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread.< /p>

I had a quarter of the sandwich, ate it very, very slowly and had lots to drink.

However, hours later, my stomach is doing the cha-cha...gurgling, nauseous and burping (horrific burping in fact!) and I have also had the runs.

I had this a few days ago as well when I had like a spoonful of humous with a very small piece of cracker. Immediately I PB'd (bizarre experience...it happened so fast!) and it literally took me 24 hours to get through the upset stomach, including diarrhea.

Obviously the food I am eating (which I would have thought, considering I am eating it slowly and chewing very carefully) would be ok by now...or at the very least, what I expected to experience (and what I am experiencing, which is not fun or pleasant at all!) is not what is indeed occurring.

I am getting increasingly worried that I simply will not be able to eat normal foods. I have slowly tried to incorporate a bit of more normal food this past week...and the other times I have, I have been fine. It seems to be very hit or miss.

I would certainly also be grateful if anybody else has any thoughts on this.

Got to go to the loooo now (yet again!)

Alykat