Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success is the best revenge

Not sure if this is a NSV

I was unpopular in high school. The weight was a factor. I have recently connected with some people from the small town I grew up in. A neighbor girl I grew up with, just posted a derogatory message to me on Facebook. I was surprised it took me back to being the fat girl in school for a moment.

Back when I was young her comment would have beat me down. It has no effect on me now.

I make no apology’s for living a fabulous life. I'm proud of all I have worked for to overcome. I'm thrilled I look totally different than I did in high school. I'm more beautiful on the inside than I have ever been. I'm truly happy.

Thinking about my class reunion next year--- She has given me great motivation to maintain and get out and experience life.

From all the unpopular kids back in the day..I salute her for “believing” she is still the popular beautiful mean girl after 30 years.

Jenn -- that's great motivation! And she'd immediately be unfriended on FB. I just don't get why people spend their energy being bitchy.

Please find the most fabulous dress you can for your now tiny body and show that bitch up at your reunion.

And please take a pic of her stupid face when she see you in it.

This was actually a good moment for me to realize I have changed so much with age...... and others not so much.

@Babbs. You already know me. If there is an event I can have the excuse to wear a fabulous dress.I'm doing it. Not so sure about the showing anyone up. We are all a bunch of old fart aarp card holders.. :lol: . Just feeling amazing at this age. I'm not going to miss out on running on the beach the morning after the reunion.

@@Inner Surfer Girl...Best comment ever bless her heart- True Irish translation: Kiss my ARSE

I think that is a first rate NSV. Good for you!

Well done and well said.

Looking forward to my 30th high school reunion in October.

Moved a couple states away 20 years ago so it's been a loooong time since seeing most of them.

Going to really enjoy it.

Screw her. Go there and look your absolute best!!!!!! That wench will be taken back. Be sure to give her a huge smile!!!!!!!!

Give her a big hug. Tell her you almost didn't recognize her she's changed so much! She was always so PRETTY in high school! ????

No need to put her down. I'm sure she does that enough to herself.

The older I get, the less joy I find in causing others pain -- even those I once thought "deserved" it.

@@VSGAnn2014

I agree. I would rather build people up. I also plan to invest my time at the reunion with more positive people.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches