Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I did already post this in the pregnancy forum, but it seems to not have too many ppl active, I mean who can blame them, they are all busy mama's :) So I will try here.

I'm about 7 1/2 months post vsg and took 2 home pregnancy tests one on 1/1/16 and again on 1/2/16 and they both came back positive, I'm still in shock, hasn't sank in at all yet!! I really thought it would never happen and especially not this quick, I've been tracking my periods and ovulation for about 6 months and since surgery I've been regular every month with no meds, which had never happened! So when I was late in Dec I just had a feeling, I figure I'm 4 weeks based on my tracking app. I am going to make an appt to confirm with my dr hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday, and of course will get info from her, but I'm the type of person who likes to plan and do tons of research, and this will be my first. My questions are these, I'm down 75 lbs which is great, not to goal, but I know that will come in time, so I was curious what a sample day of meals looks like for you all. From what I read it's not a ton more calories that should be added, I have read 18-24 lbs gain is about normal. I want to stay with healthy Protein, fruits and veggies of course similar to what I have now, I've read about a lot of foods to avoid, just curious for some feedback. I do plan on talking to my nut as well. Any and all feedback is appreciated, Thanks!!

I don't have any advice, but congrats on your pregnancy!

Congrats to you! I am in a similar position...6mos. post-op, down approx. 75 lbs. and just had a positive PT this morning, so I'm about 4.5 weeks along. This is my 3rd, wasn't trying, but also wasn't trying not to...I'm so scared to talk to my NP because they said no pregnancies for a year. However, I am 43, going on 44 so I figured the chances of pregnancy were quite slim anyway.

I would also love to hear from others who are in this now or been there done that. I've been drinking 2 Protein shakes a day (Unjury) along with about 4 small protein-heavy meals. I will replace my multi-Vitamin with a prenatal (minus Iron, since I already take a supplement). I hope to see an OB in a few weeks, but I'm not due back at my surgeon's office for 6 mos.

I am also terrified about weight gain. In my first pregnancy I only gained 17lbs. Since I was obese then, that was fine. After that pregnancy, I gained 30lbs (while nursing for 14mos.!) which I then lost via weight watchers. 2nd pregnancy I gained 55lbs (!!) and then more while nursing for 2.5 years. I have learned a lot thanks to this surgery and hope that my new skills will help me avoid that gain again.

I am 6 1/2 months post op and found out I was pregnant about a week and a half ago they think I am about 5 weeks 5 days pregnant and my weight when I found out I was pregnant was 221 lbs. from 307 lbs. I was down 85 lbs. but have recently gone up to 226 lbs. I eat about six small meals a day but find myself still feeling hungry I drink about 80-90 oz. of Water or any other Fluid with zero calories. I would like as i go through this pregnancy to find people that are going through the same thing and post about it. I was having trouble getting any info on this matter. I am excited but scared to gain all the weight back because of little info or proper dieting.

It looks like we're in this together!

Interestingly, I have not had any cravings yet. I have been more thirsty than before so I drink more Water. I'm eating the same and that has been fine with my body. Most of the time I'm still noticing signs of hunger, until I actually sit down to eat and realize that my body really needed some food.

I still haven't told my NP. I'll see her after I see my OB. Have you ladies told your surgery team? How did they react if you did?

It's helpful to have a mini-support group in you two!

Hi. I'm hoping to get surgery next month if all gets approved. One of the reasons why I want the surgery is I have fertility issues. I could never get pregnant. Were any of you ladies in the same boat? My biological clock is ticking and I need to make this happen soon.

@lalajade....I had no known fertility issues. We weren't trying, but we also weren't trying not to conceive. I figured that with fertility rates dropping steadily after 40 and a lackluster love life, there was next to no chance of pregnancy. Go figure!

It looks like we're in this together!

Interestingly, I have not had any cravings yet. I have been more thirsty than before so I drink more Water. I'm eating the same and that has been fine with my body. Most of the time I'm still noticing signs of hunger, until I actually sit down to eat and realize that my body really needed some food.

I still haven't told my NP. I'll see her after I see my OB. Have you ladies told your surgery team? How did they react if you did?

It's helpful to have a mini-support group in you two!

My surgeon was more concerned that I do not get anemic but he said I can still lose weight, and my diet is the same Protein first, no more that 5 grams of sugar or fat. Very supportive he knew that I was taking my birth control everyday. He said that it is because women become more fertile after surgery. He said that he has had many patients that have gotten pregnant after surgery and still had great success.

Hi ladies! How are you all doing? I just wanted to check in with other women with similar health concerns. This is my 3rd pregnancy and so far, very different from the first and second. I have had almost no nausea (mild queasiness, but nothing to send me running to a toilet). My biggest symptom has been fatigue, frequent urination and breast tenderness. How about you all?

My weight has been quite stable so far, going up a half a pound, then back down. I was just wondering, especially about the lack of nausea, though that wasn't much of a problem in my second pregnancy either. What have you been experiencing?

Hi ladies! How are you all doing? I just wanted to check in with other women with similar health concerns. This is my 3rd pregnancy and so far, very different from the first and second. I have had almost no nausea (mild queasiness, but nothing to send me running to a toilet). My biggest symptom has been fatigue, frequent urination and breast tenderness. How about you all?

My weight has been quite stable so far, going up a half a pound, then back down. I was just wondering, especially about the lack of nausea, though that wasn't much of a problem in my second pregnancy either. What have you been experiencing?

Hey my experience so far is the same no nausea which is very weird because I was inseparable on my previous pregnancies. I'm also feeling fatigued and urinate a lot. But I guess I can't complain it is way better than being stuck to the toilet LOL

Good luck to you Jenyp8409. I actually just miscarried and am feeling sad. The doctor couldn't say what caused it and it may or may not have had something to do with my sleeve. She did discover that I have a fibroid, which also could have been a contributing factor. I'll never know!

At any rate, I'm sending positive vibes your way and wishing you a beautiful little blessing!

Good luck to you Jenyp8409. I actually just miscarried and am feeling sad. The doctor couldn't say what caused it and it may or may not have had something to do with my sleeve. She did discover that I have a fibroid, which also could have been a contributing factor. I'll never know!

At any rate, I'm sending positive vibes your way and wishing you a beautiful little blessing!

Thank you psylocke72 I know how hard it is to have to miscarry I have had three miscarriages before the surgery and this pregnancy is considered high risk thank you for positivity

Thank you psylocke72 I know how hard it is to have to miscarry I have had three miscarriages before the surgery and this pregnancy is considered high risk thank you for positivity

I had my son 6 months ago. I was 9 months out of surgery when I found out, about 80 lbs down. Everything went ok, except I did have morning sickness every day until I gave birth. I was taken off of exercising due to high risk. I only gain about 10 lbs and my son came out 7 lbs. Lost all my weight as soon as I gave birth. Glad to answer any questions.

post-201028-14586843864377_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Following. Hoping to be approved for surgery to help fertility and ensure I am much healthier to then have a baby a year out (my first). Although my clock is ticking this is important first. Good to see these stories and this support. Congrats and good health for you and those babies!